anal skin tag removery help

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi there - is there anyone who can respond and help me? i had this procedure done 11 days ago for cosmetic reasons / annoyance with cleaning. it was under local anesthetic and cut off in office. not stitched up. when i got it done, my doctor was not very encouraging and kept insisting its not a cosmetic procedure? anyways, that was during the procedure itself. i didn't feel properly educated on how difficult / depressing recovery would be. currently, it looks at LEAST 2-3x larger than when i got it done with a bunch of little lumps and bumps. it makes me cry. i'm just looking for some encouragement and/or reassurance that this is normal and it will get better. how long can i expect it to be before i notice a difference? I'm really struggling over here, i just want to feel and look normal again. i'm recently single and this has completely destroyed my confidence in my body. i want to call my doctor again but his bedside manner was so upsetting / discouraging that i dont think it will make me feel any better at all. there is no follow up scheduled either.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.