Angina

Posted , 2 users are following.

i was diagnosed with angina about 4 months ago and put on bisoprol I was OK at first I was on 2.5mg but doc put it up to 5 I was only on that for 4 days and felt really ill so went back down. I had 2 stents put in my heart in May and I feel worse than before I had them. I'm so depressed with it all I have terrible swollen legs and ankles and I've put on a stone which gets me down as I was so fit before even though I'm 76. dancing and swimming were my passions but can't do either of them, I have very heavy legs and get exhausted if I push myself! My cardiologist said to push myself when I get the pain around my jaw but it's scary. He said you don't have to take bisoprol if you don't want to so I've stopped them but take propranolol when I get anxious feelings and palpitations. After reading all your stories on here I'm starting to think I might be having withdrawal symptoms! I'm starting to get really depressed so I think the next step might be anti depressants which I've never had before but might help. I wish I'd never had these stents put in now.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

It seems like early days since you've had your stents. It may take a while for your body to adjust to the better blood flow. Bisoprolol can have side effects for some people, and for a few the withdrawal can be a very long process. It does cause feelings of anxiety and high adrenalin when you stop taking it, but have to be endured if you want to come off them. For most people it should only last 5 to 7 days, according to my cardiologist, but for me it lasted 4 months.

Going on antidepressants shouldn't be taken lightly. They will have another set of problems associated with side effects and addiction.

Bodies take a long time to heal themselves and adjust. I urge you to be patient and find something new to enjoy if you find you can no longer do your previous activities. The world has so many wondrous things to experience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.