Angina on somedays and not others

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

My name is Mike and I am a 62 year old male, I have had angina for about 14 years now,I have had 3 stents fitted over the years but although they probably saved my life the angina still persists.

What I find odd is that some days I can be very active and do things like run,walk for miles,lift weights

at the gym and on other days I just have to get up from the sitting position to walk and bang the angina gets me.I only take nitro when it is very bad as I don't want to become reliant upon it.

Anyone else out there have the same type of thing?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Mike, I have angina pain daily when I go for a walk and start up an incline....but mine is usually worse in the evening but not as bad in the morning....and like you....some days it is worse than others. I use a nitro patch .1 and .2 some days and that helps.

So like you...I don't understand why some days it is better or worse than others. If you see my story in the post by pslane1 about Microvascular Angina....I have had multiple tests done and they all show my heart is fine....so it is bizarre isn't it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.