Anxiety or Angina?

Posted , 4 users are following.

What does angina pain feel like?

I swear I have some form of Angina, but my doctors gave me an EKG, stress test, all came back okay. I do suffer from Hypermania and PTSD

But everyday I have chest pain and these weird random sharp pains all over my upper body and arms.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you had a stress test and it came back ok it is very unlikely to be angina. But if you are getting sharp pains over your upper body rather than just chest, it may be a neurological issue. What exactly are all of your symptoms? Do you get breathless? Are the chest pains any different to the sharp upper body pain? What is your resting heart rate?

• Posted

It's hard to breath a few instances in the day. I get this heaviness right in the middle of my chest. Sometimes it's a little to my right side of chest, sometimes on my right.

The pains are sharp and piercing. Random, all over my arms, shoulders, back of my neck, top of head, and lower jaw. Almost like tooth pain.

The only relief I get is when I sleep, When I wake in the morning I feel okay, but as the day goes on it gets progressively worse.

It's just a terribly unsettling feeling. I hate it. Especially since I feel like s**t all the time and nobody can tell me why.😞

• Posted

When I'm not in panic mode my heart rate (80 average) and blood pressure (117/87 average) are okay.

But when I have a panic attack, which can be 3-5 times a day all that spikes.

I know it's not because of my mental condition, my psychologists and I already established that I have a physical issue that aggravates my mental health issues.

No, I've never had the procedure you mentioned. I've had 6 EKGs, an MRI, and a stress test, all negative. LDLs are "borderlined", from which I understand is not even that bad.

• Posted

The kind of angina I have (Microvascular Angina) generally does not show up on a test. I've had 2 heart caths done, a stress test and a couple of echos with no sign of it but still I am diagnosed with it by my cardiologist. I take isosorbide mononitrate and also Ranexa for my pains.

My pain is always in my arms as well as my chest. You probably should keep complaining to your doctors and get another opinion if you don't get satisfaction.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.