Any ideas?

Posted , 2 users are following.

This is a bit random but thought someone on here may have heard of this.

I recently had my gall bladder removed.. and for the past four weeks have experienced a couple of sugar lows. (not meäured)but had them in the past if i was working hard with out food and a bight to eat would soon improve it.

Any way since christmas i have got some appetite back but i have 4experiences about 1-2 hours after eating .. i go really weak in my arms and legs, i flush hot, i feel trembly and of course panicky..  i just put the others down to post surgery with gall bladder. But first day back into work today .. after my lunch it happened and it really freaked me out.. I cannot get a gp appointment till next week. Has anyone ever heard of these symptoms after eating and could it be related to Gall bladder removal ? Thank you in advance 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't know about the lows... But the flushing hot could be an infection. Try some D-manose and see if that makes any difference.

• Posted

Gill I am no doctor but if you are experiencing  low sugar levels with weakness and trembling points to Type 1 diabetes and you need to see a doctor as soon as possible. Try to get an emergency appointment.
    • Posted

Thanks Anthony.

I have made an appointment today.... I think i havent been eating enough since the op as i was scared to eat. so i have been burning off more than i am eating. 

Been a bit bettér today as i have made my self eat a little but often.

Thanks for your input 

• Posted

Deffo not eating enough .. I was not intoducing enough food back into my diet since the Operation. 

And my calorie intake was too low, causing be to feel shaky and trembly. Touch wood , i have upped the calories and so far feeling better. BS was with normal range. But they have done a blood test for thyroid function..

I didnt ask why 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.