Anyone

Posted , 2 users are following.

I see my Endochreologist soon. Could anyone school me on what questions I should ask as I suspect Thyroid disorber.

I was DX Graves diease 5 years ago but then dismissed by the MD.without comment except that I have severe medical trouble??????????

In 1213 another doctor found two benign Adrenal tumors.

I have diabetis and polyneuopathy.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi David

I was very sorry to hear about this terrible treatment.

May I ask you how the diagnosis of adrenal tumours and diabetes was made and what was the cause of your polyneuropathy.

Many thanks

Jean

• Posted

When a doc did body CT in 2013 he found the tumors.

People with an adrenal gland tumor MAY experience the following symptoms or signs. Sometimes, people with an adrenal gland tumor do not show any of these symptoms. Or, these symptoms may be caused by a medical condition that is not a tumor.

High blood pressure

Low potassium level

Heart palpitations

Nervousness

Feelings of anxiety or panic attacks

Headache

Excessive perspiration

Diabetes

Abdominal pain

Unexplained weight gain or weight loss

Weakness

Abdominal stretch marks

Excessive hair growth

Unusual acne

Change in libido (sex drive)

In addition, pheochromocytoma may cause dangerous surges of the adrenal gland hormones that regulate blood pressure and response to stress. A hormonal surge can cause blood pressure to increase very quickly, increasing the risk of heart attack, stroke, hemorrhage, or sudden death.

As for polyneruropathy it has been a gradual thing.

Present probems; REFLUX/GERD WITH HIETIAL HERNIA NEAR DIAPHRAGM...motility test done. Diverticulitis. ADRENAL TUMORS.Stomach spasms A-Fib.Tightness in chest, and shallow breathing.

Histoy;Plyneuropathy 2015. Operation for L5 Disc herniation/ compression and traversing right S1 nerve root and a Synovial lumbar Cyst was removed 2015. Occipital Perifiral Neropathy and nerve stimulator in neck 2012 (so no MRI). Neurogenic bladder 2010, had Bladder stimulator but taken out later. Diabetis 1997 Inflammation of disc degeneration DX in 1996 Fusions at C-5 and C-7 and shoulder surgeries in ' 93 and '01. Malrotated stomach surgery at birth (scare tissue removed in 2004).

• Posted

Thanks fo this David

With regard to your question about the thyroid I think the standard tests are the TSH, T3 and T4, Thyroid antibodies , cbc, u's and e's which stands for urea and electrolytes. Do you know what your vitamin D level is ? Have you had a bone profile test done? This is  blood test.

A lot of the signs and symptoms you list are similar to those of a thyroid disorder.

I assume that you see and endocrinologist for your diabetes.

I suggest that you just ask the endocrinologist for the thyroid tests to be done and take it from there.

Kind regards

Jean

• Posted

Yes, it is for Diabetes. I will ask her for thyroid test. My D level?????? and I have had no bone profile done ever.

Thanks David

• Posted

Hi David

Your signs and symproms could be due to vit D deficiency and/or thyroid disorder. However itt is a good idea to get thee bloodworks done if you  can.

If you search for the Vit D Council you will see lots of info on  the link beyween Vit D deficiency and certain conditions including thyroid disorders etc.They also have a newsletter.

I presume that you are in the UK.

with kind regards

Jean

• Posted

Hi David

Diabetes and vit D deficiency disorder can cause shoulder problems. As stated in another e mail if you search for the Vitamin D council you will get lots of valuable info on the subject and they have an informative newsletter as well.

Jean

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.