Anyone has been having a lower abdominal stabbing pain in the right side&middle mostly 3 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can anyone advise me if IBS can cause stabbing and dull pain 24/7 for 3 months mostly in the right side and in the middle of lower abdomen please? I had a capsule endoscopy and the results say I have a Diverticular disease but not just on sigmoid colon but also on the top of the colon and on the left side, but it didn't show inflamation . I had severe diarroea from Huly till September this year, but now only soft stool, constant stabbing pain in the right side of the lower abdomen. High inflamatory marks but my GP says no antibiotics and he referred me to a dietician. It can take upto 6 months to see one. I started low Fodmap diet but it's not helping. Is it actually a IBS symptom? I also have bloating and lots of gas, fatique.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi diana, what? your doctor needs shooting - scan for appendicitis and scan for gallstones.... insist on both make them do the 2 as soon as possible..... there's a reason for this, there must be it could be ibs but it could be other things. any coeliac markers, crohns markers, other illnesses. doctors are quick enough to say ibs because then they can do nothing....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.