Anyone restart Prozac before ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi!

I was taking prozac for a year and then stopped for almost 3 months . Ive restarted at 20mg and I dont remember side effects being this bad ! maybe because i went from using lexapro to prozac rt away ? I had a great day without anxiety at a social gathering ! The mornings are so rough for me , increased anxiety , little jittery . . Im about to start week 4 on prozac . How do you all stay patient with the increased anxiety , insomnia ,the sensations , jitteriness , etc ?? Hugs to everyone who are on this journey !

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello! I have restarted prozac twice. The first time was years ago, but I don't remember it being bad in terms of side effects. That's why I was so shocked when I restarted back in October (after about a month and half off fully, with 1 month on 5mg and 1 year on 10mg before that) and the side effects were horrific. The anxiety was unbearable and I became practically unfunctioning.

Whilst I was in it, it was awful, but I am on the other side and can honestly say I feel so good. My thinking is clear and none of my days are taken over by crippling anxiety.

It's a journey, a tough one and everyone's is different, things that helped me: talking therapy, going for walks, showers and washing my hair when I got overwhelmed - followed by putting on comfy clothes, reading and finally - being kind to myself. Accepting my limits whilst I was struggling and not judging myself for it (I must admit, I needed therapy to achieve this mindset). Sending hugs to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.