Apprehensive about starting

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have picked my tablets up from the chemist this morning I am trying to work out the best time to start taking them I am on night shift at the moment but off from tomorrow night for a week I am thinking to start when I am away from work might be best did you have any bad side effects when you first started to take orlistat due to the fat already in your system?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi sue

For me personally they took a while to work, first week I wondered if they were actually doing anything but when they started to work I had to stop pushing the boundaries lol. I don't know if it's the same for everyone though. Welcome to the fat busting club 😁

• Posted

Thank you I have four stone to lose which seems impossible at the moment I have tried slimming clubs I lose about 1/2 stone and I seem to go into panic mode and start eating all the rubbish I can to put it back on again I have to get on top of this we have a holiday booked for next year to Canada I really want our friends over there to see a happy, healthier and slimmer me 
    • Posted

Stick with it and I'm sure it will happen. I'm losing slowly but surely and reading some of the stories on here fill me with lots of hope. I lost a few stone 3 years ago with SW but then packed up smoking and it all piled back on and some more! SW just wasn't working for me this time so hoping and praying this will.

I've just started my 2nd month on these pills and I've only lost 4lb so far but my body looks and feels different if that makes sense so I'm sure something is happening. I'm sticking with it long as I can.

• Posted

They say slowly and surely is the best way good luck on your journey starting the pills on Monday will let you know how it goes
    • Posted

Hi love you sound same as me I too got four stone to lose I just started on these I look five month pregnant as cause of my weight my stomach muscles have split I'm so ashamed but it got to be done now or end up in an early grave my gp said good luck if you want to chat or a buddy just message me xxxhugs jill xxx

• Posted

i started these pills 9weeks ago, iv lost 2 stone so far i go for weigh ins every 2 weeks, they usually say they will weigh  you once a month when you need more pills but with me if i dont think there working ill go down hill and start eating crappy foods again, um still not 100% with what to and what not to eat, still getting used to that bit as my diet was very unhealthy, im hoping to lose atleast another 10stone as my current weight is 21stone ish (need another weighin)....... iv just cut my portions right down and trying to eat healthy it must be working as iv lost atleast 2 stone..... keep me updated on your progress smile if you stick to it then it will defo work...... smile good luck on your journey and if you ever need a weight loss buddy just messege me smile x

• Posted

Thanks Kerry I start on Monday thanks for the offer of a weight loss buddy  your weight loss is fantastic keep up the good workbiggrin

• Posted

Sue, i have started a new facebook page for people using it and thiking about it, i will send you a personal link to it..

• Posted

i have been on it 6 weeks and have lost 21lbs... i have now started a new facebook group which will be kept low numbers so people can help and support each other and im pulling in tips and tools from a number of medical sites and recipies and eating menus.. if people want to see it please private message me as its a closed group.   yes i did see the orange monster whilst i got things under control but look on it as a positive thing as its telling you that your eating to much fat..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.