AQUABLATION VS HoLEP

Posted , 1 user is following.

LONG STORY SHORT 😃

BPH and Bladder Outlet Obstruction (BOO).

Prostate 160 in size.

I have had 2 PAEs that helped.

Had a bladder stone and local URO went in to get it and had issues getting into the bladder so took it on his own to do a TURP so he could get into the bladder. He never mentioned and I NEVER gave permission for a TURP.

I ended up with a cath for 30 days with the bag looking like grape juice.

He had no idea what to do. I forced him to call the DR that did the PAE and the solution was to go back in and cauterize all the areas that were still bleeding.

From that point on been peeing ever 1.5 to 2 hrs 24/7.

Time to get it fixed, so after research looks like Aquablation (my 1st pick) or HoLEP.

Emory University (Atlanta) does both so I have met with Dr Lorentz.

I have a scope date of 4 Mar so the Dr can go in and look around to see what it looks like. It seems that there are certain issues that preclude Aquablation that will only leave HoLEP on the table.

Based on the number of post here that I have read, either option should work.

Wondering if anyone here has had any experience with Emory and their Dr's

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.