Arrhythmia Issue Continues

Posted , 4 users are following.

Day 25

Every 4th beat is a skip and I've had to cut my Atenolol to 12.5 because my resting HR has dropped considerably.

I had an ECHO on 08/15/19 and finished a 7 day Holter monitor study on 08/23/19...no response to either yet, but i figure if it was deadly somebody would have called. I am scheduled for sleep study on 09/03/19. I'm skeptical that sleep apnea is the culprit.

My BP monitor keeps telling me I have an irregular heart best...well duh, ya think.

Walking seems to increase HR and eliminate skips, but if I stand still or sit down it goes right back to the pattern mentioned above.

Sometimes laying on side helps, but not for long.

I feel like I'm dying, or that my heart is, same difference I suppose, and am terrified and alone.

Any insight would be appreciated.

TY ~ A

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Anne,

Sounds like you may have cardiomyopathy, as the echo may determine. I had the same symptoms 3 months ago, but my doc got me in quickly for an ablation, which helped considerably. Unfortunately, it has taken me 3 months to really recover enough to go back to work. I went back 2 weeks ago (I am a teacher) and it has been very difficult for me to hold up to a full work day. I feel like I'm slowly improving if work doesn't make it worse. I wish you the best. When you finally get some treatment, you'll start feeling better. Don't be afraid.

Donna

• Posted

I am really glad you feel better, and hope to recover completely very soon!

I am thinking myself about the ablation, are you still taking some meds after this procedure?

• Posted

Anne, I am experiencing the same symptoms as you are. My irregular beats aren't steady. They come and go. Mostly they are around. They have been occurring mostly every day. Some days are much worse than others. I recently had an Echo cardiogram (2 weeks ago). They sent me home with a heart monitor. A new one called a Xio XT. It is about the size of a 9 volt battery with 2 electrodes on either side. It is taped to the upper left chest. I wear it for 2 weeks straight. Even to the shower. Tomorrow is my 2 weeks and it has recorded I sure thousands of irregular beats during that time. Tomorrow I will send it back in. The technician that fitted on me said it would take about a week for them to prepare the results for the doctor. I will see him on the 6th of September. Hopefully he can determine what is going on and even better, something that can be done. Some days are so bad, like you, I feel like this is the end. A couple of days ago they were so frequent I thought about going to the emergency room... but I didn't and they finally passed. I also wonder about the sleep apnea. Another thought that I have is that it may be related to the esophagus and the vagus nerve. Sometimes when I am having the irregular beats and I have lunch or dinner, they will go away... but other then there are other times when I have none, then I eat lunch or dinner and they start up. Possibly something with acid reflux? I just don't know, but they drive my crazy... and cause a lot of anxiety. We'll see what happens. I wish you the very best.

Charles

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.