At 2 week point post-op

Posted , 1 user is following.

Had my second hydrocele removal, and coming up on the 2-week point tomorrow. Been icing and jock strapped on/off all week.

I'm also leaking a bit of spotty blood, but doctor said it was all normal. Been taking ibuprofen for pain and help with swelling as well. it's still swollen, about size of an orange, and bruised up. Right now just in jockstrap still and slipped a non-stick pad in to catch any more blood leakage.

Apparently, the cause of the second hydrocele was due to a hernia-esque issue, but was fixed and tied off (no mesh).

Hoping swelling reduces to normal levels soon and blood stops leaking. Will report back in few days.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Update: 3 weeks

Pain after standing up/walking has been greatly reduced, as has the bruising. Blood leakage has went down as well.

I don't know if the procedure indirectly had anything to do with it, but my frequent urination/dribbling/flow has seemed to returned to normal levels, though maybe not 100%.

I still put a non-stick pad in spot to catch any further leakage but I don't think it's further needed. Next follow up is in July.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.