Awaiting my Cystoscopy results ????

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a rigid cystoscopy on the 8th may. The consultant came to speak to me in recovery and told me he had removed a fatty lump from my bladder. It has been removed and sent off for a biopsy.

I get the results on the 3rd June. I'm really nervous and hoping its nothing serious. I had a CT scan

and ultrasound but that was all clear. My original symptoms was blood in my urine.

Anyone else had this done?

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Amanda, I didn't have a fatty lump. Know how you feel though. My cystoscopy showed a tumour in my bladder. Having an op to remove it soon. Only found out yesterday, I'm 34 so totally didn't expect anything. Fingers crossed for you try not to worry, it will probably be nothing. Keep us posted. Positive that everything else was clear.
    • Posted

Hi there just want to know what symptoms were you having due to which you had the cystoscopy
    • Posted

Hi Anita, I had blood in my Urine. No pain, nothing else. It happened on three occasions. Had the tuma removed, some chemotherapy and have been all clear for two years now. I'm back in fory 6 monthly Cystoscopy on Thursday. Hopefully still all clear. Since being diagnosed, I've cycled 62miles, running and even climbed Kilimanjaro.

• Posted

Hi Craig sorry to bother u again but when u say u had blood in urine could u actually see it urself or was it detected with the urine dipstick in doctors office? Were u having any uti symptoms etc? I've been getting utis nearly every month for last 2 years, when I'm on antibiotics things calm down but sometimes don't disappear. I had cystoscopy in may 2015 everything came normal, had urine cytology again everything normal, had ct scan without any contrast to check for stones again nothing there, now due for another cystoscopy on sat, I only get white blood cells in urine very rarely red, I would be really greatful if u could give me any info regarding this, I'm 35 and looking at my symptoms etc would u think it's cancer

• Posted

Hi Anisa, I was 34 when diagnosed. I didn't have any symptoms other than red pee. It happened three times three weeks apart. It was like peeing blackcurrant juice. There's a really good charity I've got involved with. Google Fight Bladder Cancer. It has some really good info and a great Facebook forum. Usually bladder cancer would be found via cystoscopy and it's very rare in anybody under 60 so stay positive. I didn't have any water infections or pain or anything like that.

• Posted

Hiya Craig me again sorry to bother u AGAIN did u have a flexible cystoscopy or rigid cystoscopy as ur first procedure?
    • Posted

Hi, no problem. I had a flexible first that's where I was diagnosed. Had a rigid to remove the tumour. Now I have flexibility every 6 months.

• Posted

hiya AGAIN sorry I'm bothering u did they a biopsy whilst doing flexible cystoscopy?

• Posted

Hi it's fine honestly. Not with the flexi as they could see the tumour so knew it was cancer. When they removed the tumour via Rigid they took some biopsies to determine the stage and grade.

• Posted

Hiya I know I'm bothering u quite a bit but sorry I suffer from severe health anxieties this cystoscopy on sat is killing me, obviously I know ur not a medical expert but having had a flexible cystoscopy may 2015 and everything being normal what are the chances of there being abnormalities after 17 months?? I mean CANCER

• Posted

Hiya, everybody I know who has had bladder cancer (I know hundreds now) has been diagnosed via their flexi. It was visible by the scope I.e. a tumour was seen in the bladder.

One of the worst things is waiting g for results and tests. Are you in the UK? They usually get back to you within two weeks with the results.

If you are on Facebook, I'd really recommend fight bladder cancers confidential forum.. there are thousands of members.

If I was to say whether or not I though you had BC I'd be guessing, I think the fact that nothing was seen during your cystoscopy and your age iall work in your favour.

• Posted

Hi Craig / after you had your cystocopy did they tell you straight away or did you get an app from the consultant
  • Posted

I had a cystoscopy about a month ago and they found nothing.But I would call your doctor and see if you can get the results any sooner. I also had a CT scan & ultrasound & the scan showed a small kidney stone which is probably why I had blood in my urine. You also might want to google this & just see what you can find out on your own. I have done this for several things & been amazed at what I found that turned out to be acurate.

Good luck & let me know how things turn out smile

• Posted

Hi there in 35 years old having recurring uti on off nearly every couple of weeks for last 2 years. Antibiotics tend to calm things down but I'm not totally symptom free after finishing antibiotics a week or so uti symptoms return my main symptom is feeling of soreness on lower right side of tummy stingy feeling like a wound. Urine cultures rarely come back positive I don't know if it's coz of all the antibiotics I've had. Normally get white blood cells in my sample just a few times small bits of red blood cells, I had flexible cystoscopy done may 2015 everything normal had ct scan done to check for stones again normal by the way ct scan was done without any contrast or dye which makes me worry it wouldn't have been very accurate and probably missed out tumours etc,I would be grateful if u could help me with any advice etc I'm new on here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.