Awaiting my Cystoscopy results ????

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a rigid cystoscopy on the 8th may. The consultant came to speak to me in recovery and told me he had removed a fatty lump from my bladder. It has been removed and sent off for a biopsy.

I get the results on the 3rd June. I'm really nervous and hoping its nothing serious. I had a CT scan

and ultrasound but that was all clear. My original symptoms was blood in my urine.

Anyone else had this done?

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Amanda. I had a cystoscope job by done and was diagnosed with a cancer of the bladder! I could see the little bugger on the monitor whilst being 'firkled' with! My consultant said it was a bit of a pest this type as it has a tendency to come back!

iI was taken back in 10 days later for the removal. All went ok but the worry of the tumour being there and also now being diagnosed with a particular type of cancer, did knock me somewhat? I have since had a second cystoscope job done to check on its progression (if any), glad to say that all was clear. I have to go in on a 3 monthly basis and have this same procedure done until the consultant says all clear. Apparently, once diagnosed you are on a regular check up for 10 years!  Oh pooh! Eh ho.

I am really pleased you are clear of any issues, and I hope you move onwards with a positive mind too. Contact your doctor for information sooner rather than waiting. It will put your mind at ease. All will be fine don't worry.

take care Paul (54 years of age)

• Posted

Hello Amanda, 

can I ask did you need a general anesthetic? It's. Looking very likely I am to have a cystoscope and my GP said it would be under a general. 

One month ago I visited the doctor with pain in my ovaries, swollen tummy, full bladder feeing etc. a test revealed trace blood in urine. Was told nothing to worry about as probably to do with timings of my menstrual cycle but to go back for another test.   an extended abdomen ultrasound scan was ordered along with kidney and ovarian blood tests.  Apart from a few cysts around ovaries consultant said all was clear, bloods were normal.  A urine test today revealed blood still present. I am worried! 

Hope it is good news for you tomorrow. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.