Skip to content
Ad

Cystoscopy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Flexible cystoscopy experience

Hi folks I had a flexible cystoscopy last week after problems with weeing too frequently. I'm a 47 Year old man and have anxiety issues about most things in life alas, especially with medical procedures. I want to reassure folks however there is nothing to worry about with this procedure. I was...

Last reply
  • Flexible cystoscopy (male)

I'm a 36 y/o male and underwent a flexible cystoscopy last week. Thought I'd register with this forum just to share my experience with other chaps who might be worried about the procedure. Once you're prepped and ready to receive the cystoscope, the procedure, itself, lasts probably around...

Last reply
  • Couldn't due Systoscopy: Female

I have been having problems peeing for almost a year now. Hard time initiating stream, low flow, takes forever to pee, lower abdominal pain etc. I was diagnosed many times with UTI's but after full tests were done on the urine there was no infection. After 8 months was finally referred to a urologist....

Last reply
  • Urodynamics

My doctor wants me to have a urodynamics test prior to surgery. Has anyone ever had one of these, if so does it hurt. I've been told it's a bit embarrassing.

Last reply
  • Very worried

Nine lots of antibiotics haven't cleared up my UTI so I've been unable to have a cystoscopy. I've now got to have one under a general anaesthetic because the risk of having it done is quite serious due to the possibility of the infection spreading. Has anyone faced this situation because...

Last reply
  • cystoscopy and urethral dilation

help !!! i have recently been for a cystoscopy after having persistant uti's .I was told i had a very narrow urethra and was advised to go for a urethral dilation under GA .This is booked for Dec 8th but I have been told horror stories of this not working and I would eventually lose bladder control...

Last reply
  • Flexible Cystoscopy (male)

Hi all just a few words to hopefully put a few minds at rest. A month ago I had my annual m.o.t. at the docs which included a blood test and urine sample and a trace of blood was found in my urine sample. The doc asked me to do another test the following week and in the mean time drink plenty of water...

Posted
  • two cyst removed and im still in pain 4 months later. HELP

So I had two cyst removed -one on my ovary, another in my Fallopian tube (which they also removed) about 15 weeks ago. One was 11 cm in diameter, and the other was 15cm so they ended up cutting me open via c-section. Ever since, I've had this pain right below my belly button that just doesn't...

Posted
  • Doctor cancelled my cystoscopy to meet in the office

I got a call from my urologist's office today saying that the doctor wanted to cancel my cystoscopy and instead meet with me in his office. I know, this doesn't sound strange right off the bat but here is why I am a bit concerned (and yes, I realise I am very likely overthinking this which is...

Last reply
  • recovery after cyst and ovary removals

My name is Ronise, I'm 33 and just had surgery to remove a cyst and my left ovary removed. It's only been 10 days since my surgery, but I haven't been able to sleep on my side and have really bad back pains, is this normal? I been walking around my house for the last few days and found my...

Posted
  • Anyone ever have an unknown cause for gross hematuria?

I am undergoing evaluation for 3 gross hematurias and 5 positive blood dip sticks over the last 4 years. The cystoscopy (which was the worst thing ever btw) was negative. He saw nothing in my bladder and said GREAT NEWS!... now ct of kidneys and pelvis are negative and he is telling me this is great...

Last reply
  • Female Cystoscopy ~ DON'T worry!!!!!

I had a Cystoscopy yesterday afternoon. I've known for about a month that I would have to have one and I have been worried sick about it. Found some awful posts on the net about it, and then fortunately found many reassuring posts on this forum! Trust me that when the ladies on here say "Don't...

Last reply
  • cystoscopy on friday

hello, ive just come across this forum and wanted to speak to others with a similar experience. for the past year ive had frequent urine infections from once a month to once every few weeks. the hospital have completed various different scans and tests which have all come back clear. ive been booked...

Last reply
  • Rigid cystoscopy female experience and vesicare advice

Hi all. I had a rigid cysto under general anaesthetic two days ago and thought I'd share as I suffer with anxiety and was terrified beforehand having read about experiences of the after pain to the point where I was crying I before went in. I almost didn't go through with but I did. The actual...

Last reply
  • Not to worry...

I had my cystoscopy yesterday, like everyone, I always worry....I read some of the reassuring messages on here and it helped me. I have had traces of blood in my urine occasionally over the last 2 years so the Dr wanted to check that nothing sinister was in my bladder . I have periods of needing...

Last reply
  • Cystoscope -- yikes

I have a appt next week for a cystoscope thing. A bit wary of the whole process and im all ready to cancel. I cannot get past the look of the scope itself. I had one about 10 years ago . During the process I think I scared off all the patients in the waiting area. The scope itself looks menacing....

Last reply
  • Had mine Cystoscopy

Hi I'm Jay I'm male 37 . Had my Cystoscopy couple months ago . Was told I have a twisted ureatha . OK I got my appointment in post was very nervous . It was at 3.30pm arrived at 2.45 and I was a nervous wreck . After 20 mins I was cold up to next floor . Was told to do pee sample for testing...

Last reply
  • Flexible Cystoscopy (Male) - Anaesthetic Experiences

I am scheduled for a Flexible Cystoscopy in the next few weeks and I have read some very different accounts. I would welcome some feedback on the anaesthic procedure for Men. 1) What was the time between injecting the gel into the urethra and inserting the Cystoscope?  Was there any time for the...

Last reply
  • Having cystoscopy with sedation tomorrow.:(

I am finally having my flexible cystoscopy, to investigate microscopic hematuria, tomorrow morning. I am hoping nothing is found and am really stressing about the whole process. A lot of people on here have been very reassuring and helpful to me and I just wanted to thank them. I will post an update...

Last reply
  • Blue light tech

I had my 2nd cysto after turb an they removed another new tumor. I'm switching to a NCI hospital which has the Blue light cysto view everyone talks about. Would anyone know if the hospitals that has this, use the cystoview blue light all the time or is it only in special cases ty

Last reply
  • Recurring uti female cystoscopy under general anaesthetic

Hi I have been getting uti for the last 2years my gp referred me to a urologist, he wants to do a scope and look at my bladder.my appointment is in 4weeks time I am totally freaked out and my anxiety levels have gone through the roof!! He said it's not a very nice procedure so I'm better off...

Last reply
  • Extreme pain over a week after cystoscopy!

Hi I'm a 29 year-old female who had a cystoscopy and biopsy under general anaesthetic 8 days ago for recurrent UTIs. The pictures showed a chronically inflamed bladder and I'm awaiting biopsy results. This is the second time I've had cystoscopy under general. Straight after I had the usual...

Last reply
  • My flexible cystoscopy experience (female)

Hi all. I just wanted to share the details of my scope test, which I had today, and hope to reassure others who may, like me, be terrified of having this done. I opted for sedation along with the instillagel, which is squirted into the urethra with a syringe(no needle). When I met with the anaesthetist...

Last reply
  • Condition after cystoscopy or prostate cleaning

I was digonised with a cyst on the mouth of urine bladder which was obstructing urinating fully, hence most of the time a sufficient quantity of urine came out after a few seconds of urination moreover the flow of urination was also too slow. Doctor suggest me for removing the cyst will eliminate all...

Posted
  • cyscotpy

donmt woory i was but not anymore  take a diazepam and have 2 lots of gel down your penis

Last reply
  • Female cystoscopy - never again!

Apparently, I have some traces of blood in my urine, so am due to have a CT scan of my kidneys next Monday. I was given only a few hours notice of the cystoscopy and thought it wasn't a big deal. There was nothing wrong with my bladder before, but there definitely is now: I just want to wee the WHOLE...

Last reply
  • Re-scheduled cystoscopy to have sedation option

I have known since before Christmas that I was to have a flexible cystoscopy to find the cause for my microscopic hematuria. The closer the date came (4th March) the more stressed out I got. In the end I thought that nothing is worth the stress and I saw a consultant urologist privately and he is doing...

Last reply
  • Cysto aftermath?

Had Cysto at Thanksgiving,still have constant burning in penis.Trouble getting erections,and when i pee with erection it feels like its forcing its way out with pain afterwards.

Last reply
  • Bruising then lump/pain end of uretha after TURBT

Ima 51 year old male. In May saw tiny blood clot in urine, wife (a RN) told me I need to see GP doctor. Called an he oredered a urine test for blood. Returned negative. July had another clot and made appt. for Aug 23rd. to see gp again. $ days before my best friend (Labrador Retriever) Zoey fell over...

Last reply
  • another cystocopy

my firast one really hurt is there any advice please i have another one on the 20th feb to see if the chemo worked on my bladder cancer truble is i have an enlarged prostrate

Last reply
  • Bleeding when passing water

Hi my grandad is 82 and as CKD and other health problems he his a very stubborn man and only wishes for my brother to attended hospital appt with him ~ for the past 3yrs he as lost a large amount of weight and had a problem with his mouth not being able to taste food and getting a funny taste which I...

Last reply
  • Sedation for female flexible cystoscopy?

I am booked for a flexible cystoscopy in four weeks time, to try to find out the cause for microscopic blood in my urine. I am dreading the procedure but more so now after speaking to the clinics receptionist. She said I needed to bring a driver as I would be sedated and too woozy and uncomfortable to...

Last reply
  • Urethrascopy and Pain

My name is Michelle and I've been having on and off pain in my genital area and once in a while a jolt burning feeling which feels like it's coming from my urethra. My question is if anyone had a Urethrascopy where the Urologist puts a smaller scope than Cystoscope. It's not a Cystoscope...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.