Female cystostopy

Posted , 1 user is following.

This may not totally set your mind at rest. The doctor assured me that mine was one of the hardest she'd done in a while, less than 1 in a hundred people.

In terms of reassurance it only hurt for a few seconds. However the normal timing of about five minutes did not apply to me. It took 45 minutes or so because she was unable to locate the opening. It was very hard to find which is apparently unusual especially in someone of my age. We changed position three times, tried finding it with a guide wire instead and had to add more numbing gel three times - perhaps that's why it didn't hurt! The doctor left the room once to find a guide wire and one of the nurses was in and out like a yo-yo but there was a screen between me and the door. When the water was added the need to urinate was insane, I think I was still dripping when I raced to the toilet afterwards. I was still wearing just a towel on my lower half at that point and I did have to walk down the corridor like that. I could have been dressed by then but the excessive amount of water used during the procedure meant that my, tucked out of the way, skirt was soaking wet as were my socks. I felt like I was peeing razor blades for about six hours after I left with a small amount of bleeding.

I think that I was pretty rare, the looks on all three people's faces told me that they were surprised and not just saying so.

My bladder is apparently in great health though and the pain was only momentary on the the camera was inserted. Fortunately I don't embarrass very easily but I think a lot of people would have felt very self-conscious with the time spent lying with their legs open.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.