Ureteroscopy disaster

Posted , 1 user is following.

Had some year, woke up around 2am last Nov in excruciating pain in my right side, thought this is me gone, ended up with a lovely 6mm kidney stone, agreed to a ureteroscopy, they tried and failed because my ureter was too narrow, inserted a stent and told me to come back in a month, peeing blood for 6 weeks was fun, eventually had it done and they got the stone, Finally i could get my life back, NOPE not quite

1 year on started having the pains again, convinced obviously i had another stone, NOPE

I'm waiting on an advanced CT with dye to see if i've got a stricture/narrowing of my Ureter (scar tissue) caused from my OP which is causing all my pain, a long shot but has anyone else had this nightmare on Elm street ? anything positive come out of it ?

anyone

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.