Stinging sharp pain after cystoscopy

Posted , 4 users are following.

im a 31 year old male who had a cystoscopy on 8/20/20 and a couple weeks following have been having a sharp stinging in my penis and at the tip and am wondering if this is due to the procedure? its concerning me as now i feel that there is possible damage to my urethra...

for background, i originally had the cystoscopy done to check for urethral strictures because of frequent urination and discomfort. Now im worried my situation is worse because of getting the cystoscopy.

anyone familiar with these symptoms or know if the stinging will go away?

please help,

schuyler

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm having the same problem. had mine on 08/31 and am looking for info as well

• Posted

do you feel the sting constantly or just sometimes? mine comes and goes...

• Posted

it comes and goes. i notice it alot more after urination though . it feels like its at the bottom tip of my urethra

• Posted

did it ever clear or manage to get to the bottom of it? i had same procedure done in December and have been left with similar issues

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.