B12 injections and spots

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi asking a question on behalf of my daughter. she has recently been diagnosed with b12 defficiency and they think the diet related kind. she has had her course of injections and altered her diet but she is still not right yet. night swears continue to be a problem

but the most upsetting things for her is that her normally clear skin is now spotty and also on her chest. shes a beauty therapist and nothing she does seems to help. the gp has given her some cream but not done anything as yet. is this likely to be forever?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Firstly I would say that although creams etc., from the doctor help, the biggest thing your daughter can do to help herself is her diet - in other words, the problem itself needs to be addressed, not just the effects i.e., creams for acne.

I think all refined sugars and junk food should be totally cut from her diet, avoiding those foods which shout out "no added sugar"; the alternatives manufacturers tend to use like aspartame and many others, are carcinogenic. Plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables is a must. Drinking plenty of water perhaps with fresh lemon juice is another very important thing she can do. Fresh lemons contain anti-bacterial and anti fungal properties so it would also help her skin if she used lemon water on her face.

One last thing I would highly recommend is organic raw coconut oil (it has to be RAW not refined) .... coconut oil contains lauric acid, which is found primarily in a mother's breast milk, and helps kill the bacteria which causes acne.Coconut oil has many uses; skin moisturiser, hair conditioner or taken internally for the many many benefits it contains.

Obviously her skin care regime when showering or washing must be thorough. Perhaps, weather permitting, some sunshine on her face.

In a nutshell: her diet must be as pure as possible, no refined sugars or junk food and she must drink plenty of water (it really helps).

Sending good wishes to you and your daughter.

• Posted

her spots and acne could be the vitamin regiment. the cream that doctor have her could be causing irritation to

i her skin causing her to break out. I had a vitamin b deficiency too. doctor have me some iron pill they just got me sick. I stopped and felt better. I just get more sun as much as possible. your daughter needs more sun. that's one good way to get vitamin b. so good luck sweetie. hope get better soon.

• Posted

hi heather .has your daughter been diagnosed with crohn's disease. she just not been absorbing b12 at the ileus in the lower bowel . b12 is the only place it is absorbed . she just might need a colonoscopy. to find out . good luck hope she gets better .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.