B12 Injections,now high level?

Posted , 1 user is following.

HI, originally had Burning mouth/ tingling nerve pain in mouth, full blood counts always normal,but was told to get B12 checked, (vegetarian) it was low, been having B12 injections every 3 months for last 4/5 years. I was told to ask for my levels to be checked,which I did, and they came back has 2000? I decided to stop them has nurse said they were high? within 3 Days, tingling pain came back in mouth? has been there now off/on since. I mentioned this to practise,and mention having an active test? but NHS dont do that one, and was told to have another B12 shot. see if nerve pain goes? (it could be stress,has have had a lot of stress recently) am worried having another one if my level is high? also if B12 is soluble and excess wee out, how do I still have these levels in the test? any advise would be appreciated,has It is confusing! Thanks Jayne.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.