B12.... when to ask for more tests.

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello I'm 31 now, I have 2 children aged 10 and 1, I was diagnosed with B12 after i had my daughter in 2011, doctors took me off the Injections when I moved from England to Wales as they didn't have my records, anyway fast forward when I was in university I was struggling to remember anything and I was always tired, I eat well I'm healthy I would say, so doctors said I need the injections after me having a blood tests, well now I'm 31 I don't feel any better at all after having b12 I feel that tired some days I could just cry, I get shooting pains down my arms and into my hands it was only ever pins n needles in my legs but now my arms etc, I'm so worried as when ever I speak to the Dr they fob me off, I hate living like this I feel like I'm living a lie just trying my hardest to function and be normal if that makes sense, I recently had a full blood count and things are fine, I have my 3 monthly b12 today, I was on it every 8 weeks but still didn't make a difference, has anyone been the same and turned out to be something else I just don't know what else to ask my Dr for, someone did say to me sounds like MS but surely not.. please help

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, did you ever find out about this, it sounds very similar to me, i am taking B12 tablets but someone has mentioned MS now stressing that it could be that but id be intersted to see how you got on x

• Posted

If your worried about anything the doctor will always be on hand to assist you and guide you, and help you live a healthy life, and provide support. This is what doctors are paid to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.