bcg vaccination

Posted , 3 users are following.

i cannot find anywhere near me to get a bcg injection for my son and there is someone in my daughters school who has come down with TB why is it so hard to get a bcg vaccine to protect my child???

I wish someone could help???????????????

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hiya, I am a practice nurse near Cambridge and the BCG jabs have been taken out of hospital setting and now are being given in various settings (certian surgeries). However saying this, unless ur child is in an at risk setting , (or long term travel long term asthmatic) he wont be able to get it on the NHS but he will be able to get it at any private travel clinic.x Just google your local travel clinic and give them a call to check they have it in stock. Hope that helps
  • Posted

I too have been unable to source this vaccination for my son as they stopped doing it at his school - in line with government policy. Travel clinics don't usually do it. In our area it's very difficult to get. Seems unfair to me that local boroughs are still giving BCG at school but not ours. I was told that the vaccine isn't very effective, treatment IS effective and if children are at risk from another child then public health will be involved and appropriate action taken. 
  • Posted

hi just to let you know that i have now got my son the bcg jab and my daughter all i did was lie and say that my childrens grandad was from another country so that they could get that vaccination.  disgusted that i had to do this but i had no choice as a child in my other daughters class got tb and there are alot of foriegn people in my childrens schools was not far that they could have the jab and not my children so i was told to lie and say my dad was from another country. and it worked they all now have been done.  hope you can get the bcg jab for your son.  I was told to lie by a really nice doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.