Been suffering from dizziness and crackling and popping in my ears! Anybody else had similar?

Posted , 22 users are following.

About 4 months ago started feeling light headed no spinning just feeling like I'm drunk! I have lots of crackling and popping in my ears but left ear doesn't pop! Feels like it's blocked! Had blood test all

Fine also had audio testing done hearing is all fine but left ear pressure is 25 per cent less than the right ear!! My symptoms have not really got any worst but not really any better tend to get lots of headaches on and off but not too bad! Does anybody have any ideas what could be causing this or had similar? Would love some advice please! 

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi . I have been having ear pressure problems for about 4 months also. It started off one morning my left ear was blocked but it wouldn't pop it has since got worse I to get head aches and a feeling off being drunk and unsteady I also get a pulsating to in my ears. Have you had any scans at all done ? Does anything help to ease it at all ?

• Posted

Hi Emma 

No really they just kept telling me it will get better on its own!! No scans done so far but had some audio testing done! Consultant has just started me on some new tablets to see if it helps relieve pressure in middle ear!! Will see if that is any help!! 

• Posted

Yes I have been told to wait it out that's all I get off them I was given tablets to help with the ear pressure unfortunately for me they haven't been on them a good few weeks. How are you at the moment ?

• Posted

I'm am ok! Just this constant drunk feeling that doesn't seem to go!!  Have they told you what they think is causing it? So annoying!! Do you find anything helps you?

• Posted

I too have that drunken feeling , I had it for 7 months straight everyday. I've been through all the test and they ruled out vertigo. They told me to see a neurologists ,but can't see until Dec. I am also looking for some advice. This is driving me crazy.

• Posted

I've had the same feeling for 8 months as well.  It is a horrible feeling. I was wondering if you or anyone has found a cure for this insane feeling. Please let me know as this is ruining my life.

• Posted

I’m having literally the exact same symptoms and I feel absolutely devastated about it. I feel like I’m perpetually drunk, but not spinning... I feel as if I am off balance and every time I turn my head my ear makes a loud crack. I also have a constant never ending headache and what really gets me is that nothing shows up on imaging. I’ve been prescribed medication for migraines, and I was diagnosed with temporal lobe epilepsy. I do get simple partial seizures and they were telling me that all these symptoms are related... I don’t believe all that, because the dizziness which is a definite cross between light headed and vertigo only started about a few months ago, and it seems to me to be getting worse. I don’t know what this cracking/ popping is. That sensation is very new an d is only in the right ear, along with feelings of fullness. It. Sounds as if cartilage is loose and moving around. Some days I’m so bad I feel as if I’m being exposed to something. Best of luck,  please tell me if they have answers.
    • Posted

Hello Jess,

I have had this for the last 3 years....started with occasional drunk feeling or woozy feeling especially when I was in department stores walking and it just kept getting worse and worse...my ears were crackling and I had a feeling as if I couldn't pop them open. They my vision started getting blurry and etc....i went to starting from eye exam to allergist to having a sinus surgery (for nothing) to having an CT and MRI and then followed by neurologist only to find out that all my symptoms were being caused by anxiety.  My regular doctor put me on a low dose of 10mg to treat anxiety and it's made a world of difference.  I know what. You're going thru and i know how horrible the feeling is. Not in a million years would i have thought i had anxiety but was proven otherwise. See your doc and perhaps they can help you with that. 

• Posted

I just want to thank you so much for this reply... I haven’t started taking any of my medications yet, one of which will treat anxiety. It’s so bad, especially since I now own a business that’s very busy, and am surrounded by a lot of chemicals, had 2 major deaths in my family, which both are putting a huge legal strain on my family.... my head is spinning to say the least. I just sat here thinking, what if I have a degenerative disease that I’m only getting worse and worse. It’s like each day my symptoms are getting more severe and intolerable... I checked my email to see if anyone on here could help me, and I’m really starting to believe it just may be stress. Thank you, what med are you taking for it?
    • Posted

Another thing is, light has been really hurting my eyes
    • Posted

I am currently taking Escitalopram 10 mg......takes a few weeks to kick in but works wonders....one thing you should stop concentrating on is what is wrong with you...don't Google about it because the more you research about it it makes your symptoms worse....some people are just more anxious than others.  Don't worry... 

• Posted

how long were you on the anxiety meds before you noticed a difference?

I've been on Lexapro for 1 week and havent noticed too much of a difference.

• Posted

It cam take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks. With me i started noticing less dizziness and less fulness in my ears after 2 weeks.

• Posted

hi! How are you feeling? Have you had any head/spine injury? This could be CSF Leak/Spinal Leak. This is a condition that happends after a head or spine injury or if someone is overweigjt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.