Big shock

Posted , 11 users are following.

Went to my GPs yesterday to get my dressing removed, nurse says it is incredin=bly neat and clean. Obviously took a photo and was happy enough. I caught a look at it in a mirror and was so shocked to see how incredibly long it really is, the photo made it look a lot smaller, but im still happy haha.

​Although the nurse didnt not seem to happy about how i had been treat on the hospital ward when i told her. We were sent home with no information on restrictions, what im suposed to do with the TED stockings or anything, if i buzzed for a nurse it would take atleast half an hour for them to turn up and then they would never come back if you asked them for something. My first night I felt very unsafe as a male patient in the next room was attacking nurses whick means my sleep was no exsitent that night. If you have a look at the photo below that is supposed to be a discharge note, they also got the date of my surgery wrong also. Its a pretty disgusting excuse of a discharge letter in my opinion.

​On a lighter note yesterday i had a day out to the metro centre, being pushed around in a wheelchair by my mam, and today went to the galleries then another shop, again in a wheelchair.

3 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Lame note, but what would irk me is they called you a HE.....Yes it is a long scar I had Anterior only a 3" scar on front of thigh....Take care!
  • Posted

terrible Sarah. .unacceptable really. ..

neat scar though. ..

did you enjoy your outing?

won't be too long and you will walk there again, .,

big warm hug, sweetheart

renee < 😻>

• Posted

Yes, i was so happy to go home but just as i was about to leave some doctor demanded i got an ecg which took ages and it resulted in my mam getting a parking ticket as she was parked in the spaces allocted for free parking for 20 minutes. But they are closest to the exit so she had no choice but to park there. What a joke

Yes i am very happy with the scar but hope im not on that ward when i go for my other operation

• Posted

Nice scar .... I have seen worse.

Mine is about 9 inches long - and is in fact two scars as he went in through exactly the same line the second time around.

Perhaps Sister needs some specs there if she (or is it he?) can't see that you're not a 'HE' !

Good to hear you are getting out, and much safer with a wheelchair.

Best wishes

Graham - 🚀💃

• Posted

Yah i wouldnt have made it around any off the places without it. Especially the metro centre. Its huge haha

And yes my man was fuse with that letter

• Posted

Seemingly we had similar experience of long waits for breakthru analgesiacs in hospital. Despite the fact u can have every 2hrs that was negated by times of 30/40min waits from asking to dispensing.

My discharge letter was complete with listed take home meds however the glaring error on first line stated i had right sided thr.....IT WAS THE LEFT😠

my scar is similar in length and i am quite happy with it as over the year i know it will lessen fade and smooth out.

Its not always easy to stay positive when you are scared tired or in pain but remember its only been 2wks since our ops xx

• Posted

Aloha Sarah - that letter SUCKS. I'm sorry & hope your poor treatment will be relayed to the superiors of the culprits.

So happy you are well enough to be out! How is your pain?

Love to you, young lady!

• Posted

Im enjoying being out but due ti being non weightbaring and unable to walk for long with my crutches i have to use a wheelchair when out. But dont mind.

My pain keeps varying. Sometimes its tolerable sometimes its not but thats just part of the package and something im used to haha

• Posted

Sarah, I'm glad to hear it's not constant pain. Know that I'm thinking of you!
    • Posted

I am upset today though as i sat in a proper chair and after 10 minutes the chronic pain in my back flarred up. I had hoped it would go away after the op. This concerns me as i have exams at the end of the month and that means sitting for nearly 3 hours and I wont be able to stand up to shake it off
    • Posted

Hi Sarah, don't be upset maybe the chair is just a little too low for you at the moment. Have you got a spare seat cushion? or ask the hospital for chair raisers. Glad you seem to be doing so well though. Have you sorted the problem out with your exams? Chin up love you are doing splendid Love Gill xx
    • Posted

Take an extra cushion in to sit on while you do your exams it will higher your chair too. xx
    • Posted

I had the same issue before op so i dont think it matters on the chairs height. Its if i have to sit straight for a long period. The exam situation isnt exactly going well either hahaha xx
    • Posted

I have had lots of issues with getting comfy in chair since op...both due to hip op and back pain.

Its def trial and error.

One tip from PT was measure height from bottom of crutch to height needed for seat...eg mine is 18inches then place some tape at that measurement on the crutch.

Then if you go out you can hold it by any chair to see youre at right height.

Amazon do hip cushions too.

• Posted

That IS worrisome, and so is the IDEA of exams (to me!) Sarah, I give you so much credit for moving on with your life, even with your operation and pain. My son is having trouble going forward with all the decisions he needs to make. 

Please keep letting us know how you are doing? 

• Posted

This is just normaility for me. Iv livdd with the pain all my life and had around 13 ops. This is all iv ever known. And with another op happening i just have to get on with it. I have no choice haha
    • Posted

I STILL give you credit for being gutsy and going for it! 

My son went to a writing workshop on campus and was knackered by the time he got back. Still, he went to a party and is still out. I guess I will hear about it all when he gets back.

I'm thinking of you, Miss Sarah!

• Posted

Haha well im not allowed into my class unless in a wheelchair haha. Health and safety has gone nuts 😂
    • Posted

It doesnt matter so much about the height of chair. Its the back of the chair usually that effects me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.