Big shock

Posted , 11 users are following.

Went to my GPs yesterday to get my dressing removed, nurse says it is incredin=bly neat and clean. Obviously took a photo and was happy enough. I caught a look at it in a mirror and was so shocked to see how incredibly long it really is, the photo made it look a lot smaller, but im still happy haha.

​Although the nurse didnt not seem to happy about how i had been treat on the hospital ward when i told her. We were sent home with no information on restrictions, what im suposed to do with the TED stockings or anything, if i buzzed for a nurse it would take atleast half an hour for them to turn up and then they would never come back if you asked them for something. My first night I felt very unsafe as a male patient in the next room was attacking nurses whick means my sleep was no exsitent that night. If you have a look at the photo below that is supposed to be a discharge note, they also got the date of my surgery wrong also. Its a pretty disgusting excuse of a discharge letter in my opinion.

​On a lighter note yesterday i had a day out to the metro centre, being pushed around in a wheelchair by my mam, and today went to the galleries then another shop, again in a wheelchair.

3 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sarah my little peanut you are doing amazing you are putting me to shame the way yiu are out and about that quick after the op. Shows how much fighting spirit you have in you. I love that. You are determined not to let it hold you back (of course thats my stubborn wee sarah). I think your scar is cracking or canny as you would say 😂.

Speak to you in a bit

Love ya

Laura xxx

• Posted

Hahaha well sitting in my corner of the sitting room is driving me nuts haha. Haha plus thursday and monday will be my last days out as mam goes back to work on Tuesday.

Love ya too laura 😊 xxxx

• Posted

It's great to hear you had some time out Sarah, good scar but the note is shocking, mine had loads of details on it and the hospital was brilliant. Shows the differences.
    • Posted

They even managed to get the date of my surgery wrong. I really was quite astonished by the lack of care on the ward i was on
    • Posted

Not very professional.

At one point in the hospital I was at there were three nurses to 19 patients, they worked their socks off, nothing was any trouble.

• Posted

Ahh i see. Well i think at our hospital certain nurses are assigned certain rooms. There wasnt any shortage of staff when i saw and there was only 3 of us in my room. You would press the buzzer and it would take half an hour for someone to turn up. And if you asked for something you probably wouldbt get it haha
    • Posted

There was only three in ours too but 19 in total on the ward. Pretty quick with buzzers too.  Bit like butlins but with pain, was sad to come out lolol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.