Bisoprolol withdrawal effects?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all, I hope you are doing well.

I was prescribed with a beta blocker 10 years ago for my vasovagal syncope, I had really bad tachycardia then, fortunately I see that I do not have this any more. I started to wean off this med in late Dec. but 5 days later I was very dizzy so I started taking it again but since then I have felt horrible. Dizziness is my main symptom but it's so bad, I have it all day, I also feel a tight chest, numbness near my mouth, tingly arms and trouble talking.

My bp has started to normalize, I used to have very low numbers and I am now seeing 100/70 for instance, my heart rate is normal, this is why I am not sure if the withdrawal is the dizziness issue.

Anyone else that weaned off this medicine feeling this way?

Thank your for reading me.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi i took bisoprolol for a year, the it was the worst year of my life. I am currently 52 days without bisoprolol and it has not been an easy path but I want to believe that I will be able to get my health back. symptoms I had during this period: irregular and very loud heartbeats, very strong palpitations and feeling them in various parts of the body, pain throughout the body, particularly in the chest, sleep deprivation, lack of strength, loss of appetite and weight, rush of adrenaline during the day but worse at night, enormous anxiety and even almost depression. Remember that you are not alone if you need to talk I will be available to help

• Posted

I have been on bisoprolol for about 3 years (between 1.25 and 2.5 per day) and its made me feel like death. I'm 55 and had it for flutter but stopped 5 days ago as I can't bare the sude effects...dizzy, blurry, wobbly, breathless etc.

so far so good, still feel rough buy guess it will take time, I am getting some rapid heart beats and still feel ill, but determined to stick it out and hoping to feel better in a few weeks, and if I really struggle I can always take a tablet as they do slow down my heart .

I try not to read to much as there are lots if bad stories about stopping. but I'm sure most people stop okay. just keep talking to the doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.