Bladder Meds @ Prostate Problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all.    I have talked to many of you and have answered some of your question.   I had a Uro-lift back in April of this year.    All is good and I am glad I had it done.  A month ago I started some leaking.   The doctor was thinking it was the stricture got damaged when I had the procedure.   After some test the stricture for down is good but I am having bladder spasms and have to pee alot.  I still wear a pad to be safe if I go out.  He ask me to try a new med and I am asking if anyone has had this before.  The med is called Myrbetriq 50mg ( mirabegron )  Has anyone been on this let me know  Thank you  Ken   

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Keneth1955!  Read the drug leaflet and especially read the SIDE EFFECTS; one of which is cancer, though it is <10%.  hope this helps. hope="" this="">
    • Posted

You're more than welcome my friend, and I thought of this after I closed out my comment.  I took Vesicare, which actually has a safer side effects profile than Myrbetriq. Results were hit and miss.  Finally, you may want to look into a supplement called "pumpkin seed extract."  The only issue I have with prostate-specific supplements is that, while some of them DO  work, they take an inordinately long time for their efficacy to take effect.  I take pumpkin seed extract and have noticed slight improvements, but then again, I've only been taking it for two weeks now.  Will keep you posted. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.