Blood sugar lower after eating

Posted , 3 users are following.

****Hi, I'm 24y.o male. I'm 180cm and 85kg with no health problems. But soon I started to meassure my blood glucose because I was wondering to take little amount of insulin to help with my training (I'm on TRT) but i very quickly get out this of my mind .. However I'm worried about something. Why is my blood sugar lower after eating than before eating? My blood sugar is around 5.0-5.5 before eating and even after 20-30 min high carb meal it's lower also after 1 hour and 2 hours it is lower than before i eat. I know about reactive hypoglycemia but doesn't it happen after hours that the blood sugar first rises above 6.0 and then drops a lot? Mine doesn't rise at all after eating. Is this a problem,should i go to the doctor ?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I think you should start with doing the full three tests for diabetes; HbA1C, morning fasting BG, and the Oral Glucose Tolerance Test. That will give you a much better idea where you are at to determine if you really have diabetes or not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.