Blurred vision

Posted , 7 users are following.

Been on mirtazapine for a week getting blurred vision is this a normal side affect .or do i stop taking them..thnx in advance

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jobro,

When you say blurred, can you read ok, or is the page totally distorted?  If so it's not acceptable and you should speak to your doc.  If you mean your sight is like you are slightly tipsy and it takes a few seconds to focus - this may be a symptom of the "start up" and will probably ease with more time.

You are taking it about an hour before bed time right?  Mirt' has a slow release sedative effect that lasts pretty much all day, some say they can sense it wears off after dinner time, but for me it never really leaves.

I hope this helps a little, and wish you well.

C

• Posted

Taking them at 7 everynight..tbh a thought it was mibi my miscara but washed it off and still got blurred vision
    • Posted

It's mentioned on the instruction leaflet I think you'll find, I get blurry eyes but I can see ok, I still feel safe driving for instance.  If you feel you're not able to focus then yeh ... big problem and not acceptable !

• Posted

Felt drained all day no energy..am hoping its just tierdness..if its still the same nxt week i will speak to the doctor again..im also on gabapentin and dehydracodine mibi its just a mixture ... thnx for your advise ..
    • Posted

The blurryness has jus started from takn mirt
    • Posted

Yes it's a common side effect, but you should still be able to see ok, just blurrey, watery, eyes look much more tired than you actually feel !!  It gets better but it hasn't really gone away.  

The lower dose of Mirt is more sedating funnily enough !  I don't know about the mix with the 2 "painkillers ? " but I'm sure your doctor would have checked for suitability ??  If you are unsure ask your local pharmacy/chemist, they will be able to tell you.

Back tomorrow, have to go now.  

• Posted

It is listed in the side effects. My vision is also blurred but I have 4 of the 5 side effects. Trying to get advice on quitting. I have only been on this med for 1 1/2 months. (15 MG)

Sylvia

• Posted

Yes and your eyesight might take a while to recover. 8 months in my case
  • Posted

hi,

Nice to hear im not the only one, i just took my first dose last night 7.5mg, was meant to take 15mgs, but have this weird blurry sensation every now and then and a very thick head, but i did sleep, which is a big plus plus.  Early days yet so will persevere.

t

• Posted

Hey Jobro, how are you doing with Mirtazapine? I am 6 days without it, and have this blurred vision.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.