Breast lump

Posted , 5 users are following.

I can feel a lump in my right breast,but only when i'm sitting up,not lying down. Should i contact doc,considering the current situation,i don't want to waste their time.

Any advice welcome Thank you

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Dear Pauline,

I am sorry you have felt a lump. Let me set the record straight. You are not a waste of time.

As you have a breast mass, it does need an evaluation. (I do understand your concern for the health care workers, as they are over worked). I applaud your consideration.

May I ask your age and where you live?

Some areas have slowed down tremendously.

Please have this mass evaluated immediately. Different positions certainly can highlight a mass.

I am a retired Nurse Practitioner in the States who had breast cancer in 2015 and have an excellent prognosis.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Warm hugs.

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Thank you Merry Juliana

I live in Scotland,i will call my gp tomorrow and,let you know what she says

Stay safe ❤🌈

• Posted

Hi,i saw my gp today,she's referred me to the breast clinic,hopefully won't wait too long x

• Edited

Dear Pauline,

Wonderful news!

Let me know what happens!

Try to remember, the mass is already there, so it isn't worth worrying about until you have the results. No use worrying about things you have no control over twice.

These are words from a recovering worrywart!

Fondly,

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Thank you

I'm not too concerned,i have another lump i have had for years,got it checked out and,it was benign x

• Posted

Pauline,

When issues have come up for me, including major paralyzing strokes, breast cancer, domestic violence, etc, I am certainly extremely aggressive regarding treatment and management, but treat it as a blip in the radar and move on in life.

Please keep me posted, however. I do care about my mother's namesake!

Best Wishes,

Merry Juliana

• Posted

WOW!Sounds like you have been through it all! Hope you are well now?

Of course i will keep you posted

Stay safe ❤🌈

• Posted

Dear Pauline,

I am well now! I left my soul sucking former husband in 1994, gained full physical and legal custody of my son and moved on with my life.

My son is now 31 years old and has turned into a warm humourous man who would never ever harm another person. He is a cat and dog whisperer.

I did receive the clot buster drug tPA with my two strokes which is a miracle drug.

My breast cancer has an excellent prognosis as it was caught early.

Life is wonderful. My family is supportive.

I lived in Germany for six years and visited Scotland, which was and is one of my favourite countries. I toured the Inner Hebrides and attended the Highland Games. My mother's family, as you can well imagine, were descendants of Scotland and Ireland. The Scots were unfailingly kind to me, after I sustained a mishap, and I understood my mother much more after my stay in Scotland.

Stay safe, Pauline.

Best Regards,

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Hi Julianna,i'm so glad you found strength to leave your ex,it's not an easy thing to do.

Yes,i agree Scotland is a beautiful country!

I would'nt live anywhere else.

I'm happy to hear your health is good.

We have a wonderful NHS,that has saved my husbands life on many occassions,he has heart failure.

All the best

Pauline x

• Edited

Dear Pauline,

I am hoping with the next election we edge toward universal health care in the US. A nurse's perspective... especially after the pandemic... The problem is politicians need to keep their hands off the budget. they only think of decreasing care, never increasing care.

Medicare in our country used to cover so much more.

Stay safe!

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Yes,well we have had that problem here but,since the pandemic,the government has been proved wrong,by,ploughing millions into all NHS sectors to help cope with the virus,they can no longer say,they don't have the funds!

Stay safe

Pauline ❤🌈

• Posted

Hi Julianna,i have app for hospital on 16th June. It says "generic breast consultant" Do you know what that means?

Regards Pauline ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.