Breast pain, armpit pain, costochondritis?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been dealing with peri symptoms for over 5 years now with some break here and there. But since last few months I've been dealing with different types of pains which gives me sky high health anxiety. Since last 3 weeks I have been having right side breast pain, armpit pain, sometimes it spreads to my shoulder, pain under my breast. It's dull ache but sometimes feels like sore and deep inside my breast... not sure if it's the rib pain or breast pain. Pain varies dull ache, sore, heavy/tight feeling, as if someone pushing knuckles in my breast. I did 3D mammogram in October which is clear but they scheduled me for an ultrasound because I have dense breast and there are cysts in my breast. I'm trying not to worry but the pain gives me worst anxiety. Is anyone else dealing with this type of pain?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

to add to my post, my periods are all over the place, early, then on time and now I missed a period last month, just spotting.

• Posted

are you experiencing a lump or any unusual activity in your breast?

• Posted

not unusual activity but feels lumpy because I have some cysts on both breasts, nothing hard when I press on it.

• Edited

Hello 👋

I'm so very tired of the dreadful health anxiety, it's my worst symptom 😭.

I get this too, also my right side. Shoulder, Breast, below breast. Very annoying mainly because it worries me so much.

I've started taking DIM and calcium d-glucarate daily, hoping to see some improvement.

• Posted

Thank you Claire for your response. This forum is god sent, I find more answers here than from my doctors. I can deal with aches and pains here and there but the health anxiety is my worst problem. My mind just goes off thinking negative. You mentioned taking DIM, what is that?

• Posted

it is a supplement, also take calcium d-glucarate alongside it. I read an article about it and its helping me for sure.

It won't let me paste the link.

• Edited

i had the same issues. I've got 2 armpit lumps and fibrodermas and had biopsys done on my fibrosdermas as dense breasts often hide anything concerning.

Dont worry its good they are having a good look around. I've got dense breast tissues and have recently been prescribed HRT patches a low dosage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.