Brimonidine and taste/odor

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been using brimonidine for about a month and developed first a smoky smell in my nose. Now I seem to have an all over body odor. Has this happened to anyone else, and were you able to correct it?  

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Immediately after you put the drops in, should should press gently in the corner of the eye for about three minutes.    This prevents the drops from going down the tear ducts and into your system, preventing most, if not all, side effects!     Are you doing this?
  • Posted

Actually, yes, for 5 minutes. Thank you for responding.
  • Posted

I don't press in the corner (near my nose) for 3 mins, just for about 1 min and I haven't noticed any side effects, odour or anything else.
  • Posted

Hi Kathleen

i have Ocular Hypotension and was given Latanoprost drops to bring the pressures down which was on Wednesday 3rd August. ..several hours after first using the drops i noticed a SMOKY smell in my nose and it's been there on and off since.

I googled this and was concerned to read it could have sinister origins...so i saw my doctor this morning and told him about the forums id read from others who had the same experience. . he at least agreed it was the eyedrops causing it due to the connection between the eyes and nasal ducts..this was some relief but i am not happy with this smoky smell as it gets quite stifling. Ive noticed i only smell it when im indoors not in the fresh air.

Ive been so relieved to read yours and other people's posts. Let me know how you go on,

Sally x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.