Burning pain 10-15 minutes after drinking water

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone experienced burning pain after drinking water? The biggest pain is completely reproducible. If I drink a glass of water, the pain will start about 10 minutes later. And will be extremely bad 15-20 minutes after drinking the water. It is in my right flank, just below the rib in my back.

I feel like I have been being tortured for the last 2 years, except for January - June where it took a break. I also get more variable pain, all near the lowest ribs. Front right, both sides, both flanks. It wakes me up during the night, by 5 am I can't fall back to sleep. I drink a glass of water in the morning, and begins burning badly. I have breakfast, and it is much worse. 2-3 hours after drinking or eating the pain will go away on a good day. But will return at night without food.

I am told it isn't gallbladder because a HIDA scan was normal. I have been told it isn't ulcers because a blood bacteria test was normal. I have been told it isn't kidney, because a urine test only showed low amounts of bacteria.

I have been waiting months to see a gastroenterologist, and I need to wait another 3 months. It would be really helpful to know why I was in pain, so I could modify my diet appropriately, while I am being tortured.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, How are you ?

Your symptoms more sounds like duodenal ulcer to me as I am suffering from it too. Have you done any endoscopy yet ?

• Posted

Hi! i have same symptoms exactly. Its been awhile since you last replied on this post. how are your symptoms these days?

I'm John by the way.🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.