Can B12 deficiency cause tingling/numbness in one leg and formication

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been experienced a tingling/pins and needle sensation in my left leg for a week. I have also experienced formication on three occasion when seeing insects- my legs became itchy and red but the sensation quickly went away after scratching it gently and a shower. I went to a private GP regarding this and not even after 10 minutes after the consultation she suggested to do a brain mri despite having sensation in my leg. I suggested the possibility of B12 deficiency which can cause nerve problems but she quickly dismissed it saying that if it was a b12 deficiency I couldn't stand on my legs?

I'm very anxious about the results and I'm not sure what it could be?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello.I find your doctor's "falling down " a bit odd Low B 12 does cause lots of problems .because it is one of those

things our body really needs ,and has various ways of letting us know. I use the oral spray ,four squirts a day.

prefer the herbs and vitamins route ,rather than injections. Holland & Barrett sell it I have been using this method for

well over three years , My nails used to crack end break when I was low on b12 ,,now ,I could drill concrete with them

.Don't worry ,if you need any more info, I'm here !!!!

• Posted

hi, i had my last dosing jab on 19th April and require one every 3 months thereafter. Just had my first 3 month 'top up' on 19th July. Still have a feeling of weak legs, although i can walk fine. Strange sensation in the hands too, difficult to describe. Have i benefited ? I'm not sure as i dont know how long these things take to get right. I appreciate that B12 affects the nervous system and nerves are a funny thing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.