Can't fully rotate and strech right elbow since I was young

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello!

So when I was about 13 years old I fell backwars in school while jumping over an obstacle (P.E time) and when I jumped over the obstacle I somehow turned and fell backwards and I caught the impact with my streched out right arm and it hurt my elbow, but I didn't tell anyone. I still could fully strecht it and do things normally and it only hurted for a few days. Eventually slowly over some months maybe years I noticed that my elbow couldn't rotate from the elbow onwards like only 20% of what the left one can and also can't strecht it fully when streching it back it stops at a perfect perpendicular position (90degrees) and when streching it out it theres still 20degrees missing for it to be like the left elbow. It doesn't hurt but I can't do a lot of things because of it that are physical. The doctors when they checked it said they can't do a lot to better it. The elbow joint or bone supposedly over the years grew wrong. I would like to know whether it's still possible to fix it. Also right now I don't feel any pain while doing the exercises in the gym that am able to but can I somehow damage it even more? I was thinking of going to a different doctor to get it scanned maybe even go to another country? Is it possible for the doctors to send the photo or the informacion of the elbow to some other doctors across europe? Or if I somehow could contact the doctors that might be more of a expert on elbows. Would really appreciate the help!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.