can't sleep

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was on 2.5 mg for about a year. In the last month I couldn't sleep. Quit bisoprolol and have all the withdrawal effects everyone is talking about here. I'm grateful for the good advice people have shared. I still have problems sleeping--falling and staying asleep, anxiety, uncontrollable emotions. Hard to close my eyes because of anxiety.

Any advice about how to sleep during withdrawal or how long until these symptoms go away and sleep returns? I've tried passionfruit, camomile tea, lavender, antihistamine, melatonin. Melatonin seems to help but it's not enough.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

so sorry to hear this. I too am suffering from withdrawal. see my post about my experience so far. I was only on bisoprolol for 27 days but after 6 weeks off it, I'm still really suffering with adrenalin rushes and excruciating pain. sleeping is very difficult. I'm finding keeping very calm day and night, early nights, a good book and reading till I'm dropping off works. some nights are easier than others. I'm afraid it's probably just a case of time until your adrenalin levels drop. i wish you luck.

I would like to encourage you to complete a yellow card on the MHRA website and include your withdrawal symptoms. I've found the medical profession that I have encountered do not recognise that there is any withdrawal problems after stopping this medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.