Changing my 5mg bisoporol dose times

Posted , 2 users are following.

a couple of months ago I developed atrial fibrillation. After all checks I was put on 5mg Bisoprolol fumarate every day. I took it in the evening. Well. When I went to bed, within an hour, my breathing became laboured, lungs rattling and a general feel of panic set in. This has been known to last for around 4/5hours.

After reading up on here and other sites I now take my BF in the afternoon. A revelation! Side effects minimal and I sleep like a log.

I know different people have different experiences. However, I just want to thank all who have contributed on the forum to enable me the confidence to adjust my dose timings.

Roll on when I'm sorted and off BP.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i take my bisoprolol at 8am,

i really want to come off it tho

• Posted

I was looking forward to coming off Bisoporol after my Cardioversion which is scheduled for around July tome. However, Ive just spoken to my cardio nurse practitioner. In order to reduce the chances of my ticker relapsing into Atrial Fibrillation they want me to remain on BF indefinitely.

I'm not the happiest bunny in the hutch. However, at least I'm the right side of the grass.

• Posted

oh really you must need it then, i just feel breathless on mine and have no energy im waiting to see cardiology still ive been waiting 2 months. i tryed to taper off last week halfed my tablet for 7 days but had fast heart and chest pain again and slighty higher bp, im back on full dose now. ive also read on here how bad the withdrawals are, so maybe it was my body withdrawing? the chest pain is scary and heart rate, people have suffered months coming off its worrying. i dont know what long term effects staying on this does x

• Posted

When I took my BF at night every time I went for a walk around 4/5pm I kept getting a severe indigestion type pain in my upper stomach area. I am naturally a fast walker. It could be I was raising my heart beat when it should be fairly slow. Now I take my BF around teatime and when I go out for a walk I keep my pace to match my heartbeat. So far no pain. I hope you get on top of your BF feel better soon.

• Posted

ive had pain at top of stomach but havent thought what it maybe, maybe its linked to the tablets

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.