chest pains now about 8-10 times daily..

Posted , 5 users are following.

still helped by spray under tongue....but getting pains at rest now...can I beat this without an op?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Is it microvascular or restricted main arteries? Have you been offered an op?
    • Posted

hi Gordon.....they want to give me a stent, but Idon`t want it.

Been reading about restentosis etc.

• Posted

Hi grahame,

​I take it you have had an angiogram and been told you have  atherosclerosis​ or the start of ?  depending on how bad the blockages are, yes you can avoid the procedure, the only Op that I can think of nowadays on the heart is open heart and bypass surgery, Stenting I believe is basically like an angiogram using instruments to put the stent(s) in place. Cardiologists don't usually stent until the blockage is 90-95%, mine is 60% so I don't require a stent and I have the opposite type of angina , you could be developing the "opposite type" of angina so either way I would be seeking your doctors or cardiologists advice pretty quickly.

• Posted

You should go and see your GP with a view to consulting a Cardiologist as soon as possible, what is effectively constant Angina is not a good thing neutral
  • Posted

Hi

I am sorry that you are suffering and have no solution to the problem.

Not so long ago I was in the same boat and I did get referred to the cardiologist and ended up with three stents.

Could I have done without this procedure? At the time, I thought that my time has come. I could not think straight and going to the doctors was the obvious thing to do.

If ask me what I would do right now than the answer would be that I would listen to some well researched literatures and than decide.

If the clock was turned for me than I would start by doing the obvious things that these guys suggest and if things don't improve very rapidly than consult the cardiologist. That way you have nothing to lose.

Right now, I am completely VEGAN with a difference that I don't eat any oils either.

Just my opinion

• Posted

I think it depends what angina it is. I had an angiogram and they said I couldn't have stents. I've overcome it by gradually increasing exercise and breathing techniques and making the body as efficient as possible at providing oxygen to to heart. I still recommend seeing a cardiolist first though. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.