Cholecystectomy, titanium clips

Posted , 6 users are following.

Are the clips that are used during an Cholecystectomy (keyhole surgery) left in does anyone know? sad

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

not that im aware off, although i had single incision keyhole surgery, but i wouldnt have thought it, please correct me if im wrong though someone please.

have you got a date for op yet??

• Posted

[quote:2bf2015dce=\"shells\"]not that im aware off, although i had single incision keyhole surgery, but i wouldnt have thought it, please correct me if im wrong though someone please.

have you got a date for op yet??[/quote:2bf2015dce]

No, got a date for the pre op assessment in October.

• Posted

[quote:9a3c8fa736=\"shells\"]not that im aware off, although i had single incision keyhole surgery, but i wouldnt have thought it, please correct me if im wrong though someone please.

have you got a date for op yet??[/quote:9a3c8fa736]

But these clips are there for a purpose, so surely they need to be left in or a leak will take place.

• Posted

The titanium clips that are used for the cholecystecomy, hope this doesn't sound a crazy question but are we safe to fly with these clips in place? I thought perhaps the pressure may lead to problems with these clips on the ducts?

Also are we meant to have these checked every so often to see there isn't any leakage etc? I am sure the doctor that performed mine said something about this, but to be honest I can't be positive on this as I was still recovering from the OP and the morphine.

• Posted

As far as I know they don't use clips in the UK, if they do put clips in they usually supply you with a CD to take to the airport to show the security why the metal detectors are going off (assuming you aren't carrying any guns, knives or bombs :D),, no CD no clips smile
  • Posted

If they don't use those clips then what do they do to close the ducts?
  • Posted

I believe they just stitch um closed smile
  • Posted

I think you may be mistaken about those titanium clips not being used in the UK.

I have asked and will reply here if the hospital respond.

• Posted

Yeah maybe I am mistaken :[ I know I haven't got any. Yes please tell us what they say smile
  • Posted

Good Morning House,

Received an email from the surgeon that says he was there for my operation even though he supervised as another doctor actually performed the procedure, and he confirmed that it was indeed Titanium clips that had been used. smile

• Posted

Cheers for the info smile Hmm I'll have to revise my memory banks :[
  • Posted

No probs, and it's also the case that this titanium does not raise alarm bells while at airports, so nothing to worry too much about there, titanium clips can last a lifetime apparently.

By the way I had posted a link on an earlier post on this thread, I see it's still awaiting approval, you can delete this now if you want. :D

• Posted

Had problems with the site, reason for a duplicate part of post there. wink

Emis Moderator comment: hi both, I deleted the duplicate post but left the link in as may be useful for someone else. And House, thanks for reporting those 2 posts this morning, I've deleted them and deactivated the user. I will sort the others soon.

PS should have known better than to put colon[/ for closing tag - this is part of the next set of requests to save the smilies appearing everywhere. :D

Cheers,

Alan

• Posted

I must have been thinking of bigger implants re the airport security gaffe :[

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.