Chronic Fevers & excessive sweating

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been struggling with chronic fevers accompanied by excessive sweating for several years now. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia but suspect I might actually have Lupus. Unless environmentally triggered, my sweating only occurs when I have a low grade fever which can be every other day, or sometimes long stretches for weeks at a time. I only experience sweating in the armpits, under the breasts, between the buttocks and thighs - basically if it's a place where the skin folds I'm sweating there. It's obviously frustrating because I get uncomfortable, smell musky, but I sometimes also get painful rashes from the irritation to the skin. It's embarrassing, I can shower and within an hour I'm starting to sweat and feel gross. I've had frequent wardrobe changes, I often have to dress like it's hot out just to try to take my temperature down, which sucks because I hate being cold. Some days I can't even drink tea because of how bad it makes me sweat! I try to use cornstarch based baby powder to lessen the sweat before it starts up, it kind of helps. My doctor just sort of accepts this as part of my illness and doesn't really take it seriously, but it's having a dreadful impact on my life. In the summer I basically don't go out, otherwise I wear clothes that allow me to be completely without undergarments, even then I'll still sweat, but it dries off faster. I'm going to try to take daily Ibuprofen to see if it might keep my fevers down, although it hasn't worked very well before. Has anyone else with a chronic long term fever inducing illness experienced this?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.