Clitoris crusty sore bumps

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, sorry for the gross title ;-)

Thats what I have. Crusting over at the hood of the the clitoris and it's unbelievably sore (affects how much I move around as any friction hurts). Is that normal with LS? Also, my lady garden is mostly pale with some white around the edges (edges are also thickened/ leathery). Soooo itchy, can't help scratching which akes it even more sore. Is all that normal for LS? I've resisted going the steroid cream route till now bt think I might cave as so uncomfortable. Been prescribed clob. Any advice appreciated

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was also incredibly itchy before using steroid. A drive -u- crazy kind of itch. Some of my labia majora had thickened and turned white. After using steroid, the thickening snd whiteness disappeared. Still battle some itch but very manageable. I am still trying to find answers for a very touchy clitoris. Seems that steroid stimulates it but it's sore whether I use steroid or not. Comes and goes.
  • Posted

I've had intense itching for about a year. Started with pain deep inside and symptoms of bladder prolapse/ urinary infection. Ultrasounds all normal. The pain has subsided. Now sore, still mega mega itchy, scratching obviously doesnt help! Sore around clitoris, I think only very recently. Maybe its being exposed now? Was trying to treat naturally 
  • Posted

Some women have good results through a controlled diet, but many do not, and from the symptoms you are describing you really do need to use the clob cream asap, if you look I have recently posted  something under the title of "Clobetasol cream does it work for you"  its worth reading I think.
  • Posted

USE THE CLOB!! Sorry to shout. But I've had LS for forty years and was never diagnosed. I self-diagnosed maybe ten years ago, but didn't want to use steroid cream, so I just carried on. It was the pseudocystic smegma abscess on my clitoris that finally got me diagnosed and treated. Sounds like you might be there. Before the abscess formed under the fused labia that had zipped together to bury my clitoris, I could squeeze smegma out through the tiny opening that remained. Suddenly it bloomed into a crotch-wide inflamed painful infection. Don't wait for that! See your gynaecologist ASAP. And don't scratch. Repeat. Do Not Scratch.
    • Posted

Another mystery issue identified. The abscess under the fused tissue was freaking us both out. Has anyone that has used crisco had a reaction of initial increased inflammation? It increased the swelling and redness a bit after two applications. If no one else has experienced this I have to assume I can cook with it and eat it but not rub it in. Also asking for heads up on possible side effects to watch for with antifungal.
    • Posted

If you think you have an abcess, go to emergency. I waited through horrible pain till I popped it foolishly, then decided maybe I had a problem. They may lance it. You'll definitely need a course of antibiotics. The good news is, some of us have found LS improves while we're on antibiotics. Temporarily. This abscess is textbook LS.
    • Posted

Again, thank you. This whole experience makes me question my sanity sometimes. Just when I think I've got a handle on the information it throws me a curveball.
  • Posted

I meant to say that when you use the Clob, you need to use it consistently.   I think judging from your symptoms you need to be using it twice a day (half a pearl size amount on the clitoris, and a pearl sized amount on the white plaques of skin) you could maybe try that for a week, and see how you get on, then switch to once a day, and eventually reduce it until you are maybe just using it twice or three times a week. Everyone is different so you will have to figure out what works for you, but If you act now you should hopefully be able to stop it in its tracks, and from getting worse, you must be in terrible discomfort!
  • Posted

Thank you so much everyone, waht a great resource this site is.

Guppy, how do I search for previous threads (doh! ;-) ).

I can't find the one you talked about.

I have the clob now. GP said not tpo use it on exposed areas?? Clitoris is exposed I think, which is why it's so sensitive :-( 

Ah... itching!!! Drives me to distraction!!! How to stop scratcing?!

Have you found that the clob thins your skin?

• Posted

Hi, one thing that you must not do is scratch the area, as it will make things much, much worse, and you will be in agony.  I would hop into a bath with salt water if the itching becomes really bad. Some women have found using Witch Hazel helpful in alleviating the itch.

If you scroll to the top of this page you will see in red writing " Lichen Sclerosus"   (its next to Womens Health) just click on that, and then scroll down and you will see lots of posts from other women regarding LS,  If you go to the first thread it says "New to LS start here" click on that, and then scroll down and you will see a link to a webinar from Dr Goldstein, called  "Lichen Sclerosus The Unspoken Pain" this is worth watching, it lasts about an hour, and he appears to be the most knowledgeable individual thus far on Lichen sclerosus, so its worth looking at as it will explain a lot, how the clob works, and why its important,  and he addresses peoples concerns regarding Clob thinning the skin.

• Posted

Thanks so much Guppy, will take a look. Really appreciate you replying

• Posted

Another thing, do any of you get bladder soreness? Sometimes I get asensation that I need to pee even when I don't. Uncomfortable bladder type pressure. Again, all tests clear. All trigerred post menopause (I'm mid 40's, so early).

Have been told it's all related to LS, but I can't see how the clob will calm that down too?

• Posted

I cant help you there, as I have never had any problems in that area, possibly someone else will jump in to help.
    • Posted

When my clitoris is in that stimulated, irritated mode I need to pee often Not sure why.
    • Posted

I think when you get your clitoris settled you will find your bladder calms.

Wonder that you are not to put clob on exposed areas. When I told my gyn that my clitoris was stimulated after putting steroid on, he told me not to put it on clitoris. But I know some ladies do. I just tried it again to get on top of soreness, applied steroid directly on it and again had stimulated feeling, so it seems I don't tolerate it directly on clit. I'm worried about not treating it????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.