Clitoris crusty sore bumps

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, sorry for the gross title ;-)

Thats what I have. Crusting over at the hood of the the clitoris and it's unbelievably sore (affects how much I move around as any friction hurts). Is that normal with LS? Also, my lady garden is mostly pale with some white around the edges (edges are also thickened/ leathery). Soooo itchy, can't help scratching which akes it even more sore. Is all that normal for LS? I've resisted going the steroid cream route till now bt think I might cave as so uncomfortable. Been prescribed clob. Any advice appreciated

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thanks again, off to pick up the clob prescription now :-) Will let you know how I fare
    • Posted

Good Luck! Sounds wise to get a handle on this and to calm things down. Plenty of time for experimentation thereafter.

May I ask as to what you were doing that you considered 'natural'?

• Posted

Bindey, I've tried various homeopathic remedies, eliminated sugar and gluten, juicing and all manner of natural creams: emu oil, perrins etc
    • Posted

Thanks andi.

Well you're doing the right thing for yourself at this point.

Thinking of you.

• Posted

Thank you :-)

Have been using the clob now for a couple of days, and without doubt the itching has calmed down.

Do any of you get flaking? I get 'dandruff' looking stuff in my panties! God... would never tell anyone else!!! Like the lining's shedding. Freaks me out a little. I think the skin is very dry since menopause, how can I stop the shedding? The vaginal canal is also intensely painful at times. Does that all go with the lichen sclerosus picture? Also, what's the difference between lichen sclerosus and lichen planus? Sorry for all the questions and for being so me me me. Thanks so much again for the support

• Posted

LP is inside the vagina. So, you want to look into that with your gynaecologist. But I find yeast and LS go hand-in-hand. So inside could be yeast – you would have white cheesy bits, though, not dandruff. I get plenty of flaking from psoriasis, which is closely related to LS... like when I've had it on my thighs. I've had flakes on the floor that need sweeping!
  • Posted

Thanks. But then if LP inside the vagina, how does it get treated? I was told not to put the steroid cream inside? 
    • Posted

Correct, Clobetasol is not for mucous membranes. It's for skin. Big difference. We don't know you have LP. You'll need to see your gynaecologist. But definitely do not put clob inside.
  • Posted

Ok. Eek! Horrible condition. Have any of you had the biopsy? Is it very painful? Trying to avoid it but freaking ot every so often that it's cancer
    • Posted

Squamous cell carcinoma is the one LS can be a precursor to. SCC is a slow cancer. My mother has had two cut off her face and neck, the second one having started as a 1 cm wide, deep, open sore off and on for years. Still, no problem nipping it out. My sister had a big chunk of her vulva removed twenty-odd years ago between babies. No problem.

So, once we're diagnosed and getting regular gynae/derm checkups, they're not going to let SCC start. My first colposcopy after diagnosis had me scared because I assumed all colposcpy appointments were for a biopsy. Wrong. They're for the doctor to use a specialized magnifier to check for hints of bad cells. If there's nothing suspicious, no biopsy. Whew.

We need to try and manage our anxiety to help or LS. Worrying about cancer is counter-productive.

I found a very old article about LS, can't tell you where, and it tied 'nerves' to LS. It said LS patients were 'excitable'. On the positive side – although I do think this is generally true – we're also creative. We did a bit of a poll here some months back and found many of us are artists.

• Posted

Curious as to how your clitoris is doing? I'm so frustrated with knowing how to treat mine. I just can't get on top of the discomfort for any length of time. It seems irritated by everything I put on it!
  • Posted

Hi Sandra, am also not doing well with th clitoris at the moment. Using clob and Vgel. Here's hoping! What are you trying
    • Posted

I finally called my Gyno. Am going to switch from cream to ointment and have an appointment for November with him.

I'm cutting back on steroid to that area cause it just seems to make me sore and stimulated. Tried emuaid on it but it doesn't seem to help that area. In fact I would say it also irritates. affecting our intimacy. 😞 Need I say I'm depressed about it? Also struggling with pressure on my bladder.

• Posted

Likewise Sandra. What IS the pressure on the bladder?

My ultrasound is all clear. My GP said that lots of women feel pain/ pressure there but they've no idea why. Hmmm. Helpful. Sorry you have no answers either. Am currently trying meditation techniques, feeling all the fear, shame etc that's associated with that area and letting go.

• Posted

I'm in perimenopause (I think) and was researching symptoms. One symptom is need to urinate more frequently. I'm doing kegels hoping it might help. Just missed my first period (besides pregnancy and breastfeeding) for many years. I have all the symptoms of period except bleeding. Is this why my previously easily managed LS has spread and now takes vigilance?
    • Posted

helpful sandra

how are the kegels? count me in...those pull ups are a great idea!

• Posted

Not sure if they're helping yet or not! I also remembered another time I had a very overactive bladder and it was cause of my nerves and also I had tight muscles in pelvis. Thinking of going to massage therapist and see if that helps. I have trouble with aching, tight muscles often.
    • Posted

A nurse friend told me that when her patients are nervous/ upset, they need to urinate frequently.
    • Posted

thats a really great point sandra. also seeing a masseuse.They have such good training these days and its very personal attention. do you have a thyroid issue per chance? can often be behind meandering aches and pains!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.