Skip to content

Lichen Sclerosus

All discussions in this group

Next
  • LS under control after months! :)

It has been 5 months since being diagnosed with LS. At that time my symptoms were really bad (6 o clock tear, labia minora shrinking, white all around opening, cuts and itchiness). I used clobetasol every day for 3 months (I would either have a quick soak or shower most of the time before applying …

Last reply
  • Vaginal Vitamin D?

Came across this medical/clinical trial link. Studies are for atropic vaginitis BUT I have that too!! (Wondering if many of us do...).  I could not find Vit d suppositories online - just liquid for babies and softgels.  So what say you? Should we do a group trial and put our vitamin D …

Last reply
  • Lead tooth fillings inquiry...

Hey girls, looking threw things concerning the toxicity of lead fillings and crowns. I have not much at the moment concerning this but Searching in progress. How many of you have or had lead in there mouths.... I know i have a lot and since I’m very young... funny how my itching started in my …

Last reply
  • Need help stepping down steroid

Hi All, I am hoping someone can offer advice. I am in the uk, 38 years old and presented with severe itching and white patches 'down there' a year ago. My GP visually diagnosed LS, and sent me home with Betnovate ointment and Cetraben emollient. I used it as prescribed - twice a day for 3 …

Last reply
  • Pain! Any suggestions?

Hi friends So hard to ask... I’m having horrible pain in-on clitoris (nerve pain?)!! Desperate for relief!! I took a look (after directly applying my emu oil and then some v-magic to try to soothe it, but direct touch seems to have set it into major pain!) and what I  see is only a red bump …

Last reply
  • Ratio of borax to water

Hello to all my saviors I need to know the ratio between boric acid and water how much of each do I put in. I finally bit the bullet and bought some good spray bottles and some boric acid but I don't know how much of each I put in. Could someone please help me. It's just Jesus driving me …

Last reply
  • WHat I learned at the women’s health clinic today

Hi everyone, Most of this information will not be new to you but it may help someone.  I visited the women’s health centre in Ottawa, Canada on a riverside drive (Dr E Campbell) and found him to be extremely helpful and informative, where my other doctor was lacking. Here are the takeaways …

Last reply
  • Fat grafting.... need to check into this.

Hey ladies, going to bed and just came across a research done in 2008 ( I believe) threw 2014. Gynecologist Oncology ( can’t put the lunk) fat graft. To check out. Going to bed but had to take 2 minutes to share this.... I’ll look into it more tomorrow night. 🤗

Last reply
  • Peeing

Why after blisters goes away and you got to see it burns like crazy. I have been having to soak in baking soda and putva&d ointment on to keep the burning down. So if your doing something different please let me know. THANKS again

Last reply
  • Male Genital (Penis) Lichen Sclerosus

Hi there. I'm 41 years old and I have recently been diagnosed with Male Genital (Penis) Lichen Sclerosus. I'm currently experiencing a 'flare up' with a very dry/tight foreskin and white spots on my glans. I'm seeing a dermatologist about it, so I'm dealing with it. The …

Last reply
  • Sudocrem for fissures?

Has anyone tried sudocrem to heal anal fissures? I have been suffering with anal fisdures for years on and off, they seem to heal and then recur. Also should i be putting the steroid cream on the fissures often to heal them?

Last reply
  • Biopsy

When you had your biopsy did they take it from the affected site example were you were haveing a flare up or discomfort or from a area that was not sore I had mine in the only spot that I was ok , was reading that it had to be taken from the area that is bad sore or broken I really don’t want to …

Last reply
  • Clitoral and Labial Fusing

Hello everyone!  It has been a LONG time since I posted here but have been reading for two days.  Not sure exactly what I'm looking for...maybe just some reassurance or someone to talk to. To start, I am 53 years old now and am officially menopausal.  Over the last 10 years, I …

Last reply
  • Little tiny cuts and tears?

Hi,  Since I was about 10 years old I have always got kind of cuts/tears, the cut would normally appear above my clitorial hood where my outer lips meet. I also get them on my vulva aswell, but they are soooo tiny.  They are red, itch and sometimes they bleed, I honestly do not know what …

Last reply
  • Labia shrinkage

Ladies, i came across the the following article on signs and symptoms of vulva LS. Puts into perspective my status when I compare to what’s in the video. Sorry no links. If you can’t find it pm me. Take a look at the following: bsccp organisation on net and search for the lichens of the vulva. …

Last reply
  • Herbs and Autoimmune diseases!

Hi All- I had to share the information I found today while researching echinecea. I had a friend , who uses it for everything, tell me today to stop all the supplements I am taking and just take echinecea instead to “ cure” my LS. I told her I would look into it. What I found was so surprising! …

Last reply
  • Look up Clitoris Phimosis it's a side effect of LS

I have been studying for weeks on end trying to find answers to this painful Lichen Sclerosis. Most of the people I have written to or read about in this forum have the white plaque, pain, itching, fusing etc. . Seems we are all trying borax or some oils or clobetisol, estrogen creams .... …

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed with Lichens Sclerosis

I was recently diagnosed and it was pretty bad.  I thought that I had a yeast infection but it turned out to be this.  Prescribed a strong steroid cream and been using for a week now.  So far, it only makes my vulva inflamed and still have itching and pain with urination.  I …

Last reply
  • Lichen Sclerosus nearly cured

I had a biopsy and it was confirmed I had LS.  I was put on steroid cream and told I would have to be on it for the rest of my life as there was no cure.  Well I knew that wasn't going to be my way of dealing with it. I did try the cream and it instantly irritated my skin and it went …

Last reply
  • FOR LICHEN SCHLORUS just got back from Dr. visit

ok ladies, this is what is happening to me at this time, i started itchin last nite and i did a epson salt with coconut oil bath and then put on emuaid max for the nite. got up with no itching but super nervous to see the Gyn, this is another one , cause i wanted a second opinion , i told her i was …

Last reply
  • Does clobastel stop Fusing and white patches appearing?

Hi i have had LS for a few years and have been using clobastel. I was just wondering does the steroid cream stop the fusing and white patches? also is it ok to use for a prolonged time. I try and use it as little as i can. Probably apply it once every 3 to 4 weeks and it keeps the itching at bay. …

Last reply
  • Tens unit

I got so desperate with the itching and the lesions and the swelling one day I used My tens unit In desperation About 6 weeks ago and the itching stopped the lesions Healed and I have had sex 3 times this month with no pain I hope someone else tries this to see if it works on them

Last reply
  • Lichen Sclerosus and Low Oxalate Diet

Found this article and had to share it! I attribute the success I have had in the last 11 weeks since diagnosis to staying moisturized, balancing my supplement intake and following a low oxalate diet, little sugar, no wheat, low carbs.  Please read it and comment!  https://lichensclerosis. …

Last reply
  • Washing you vagina with LS

Hey folks, I’m so excited I found this group! I was diagnosed with LS when I was 22, I’m 25 now and I finally found a doctor that is knowledgeable about the condition (she’ll never know the hero she is to me), she is a dermatologist that specializes in vulvar dermatology. When I was first having …

Last reply
  • 35 years old and have LS

Hi I'm just looking for someone a similar age to me who has vulva LS, I was diagnosed around 6 wks ago , treatment going well so far but I feel kinda isolated! I don't know another single person with this condition and my gynaecologist said it doesn't usually happen to people my age! I …

Last reply
  • An Experiment with Borax

So, I've been in Vietnam now for just over a month. Haven't had any itching, but the white plaque has expanded and looked like a bit more fusing had occured. Panic set in and of course I was trying not to. However, now that we're here, my husband has been able to start doing more …

Last reply
  • LS and new to forum

Hi! Very happy to have found and already replied to a few posts on here! I am 36 and have 3 children. I was visually diagnosed with LS by a doctor at a GUM clinic many years ago. I had little help from my GP at my local surgery. For years she gave me thrush cream and sent me away. I had to ask …

Last reply
  • Hospital admission an option?

Hi all I am in such bad shape but I'm considering asking my doctor to put me in the hospital so that they can get this under control. The itching the burning the bleeding the everything that goes along with this is interrupting my life. I do have an appointment with a good guy now on the 17th …

Last reply
  • newly diagnosis with LS started Clobetasol 0.05 %

Hi, Just got diagnosis with LS and is on Clobetasol 0.05 % for a month, them 3 times a week. I have had cramps,is this normal? Can you develop  squamous cell cancer from LS, my dad had squamous cell behind his ear that traveled through out his body in 6 months. My Dr. said if I see …

Last reply
  • Anti Fungal advice, please

Hi everyone, like lots of people with LS, I have recurrent bouts of fungal type infections of the vulval and anal area.  Last time around - May - I was prescribed a one week course of Itraconazole and then topical Daktacort twice a day for 2 weeks. Ordinarily I would ask my consultant whether …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.