Medical Abortion and LS

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me whether a medical Abortion can trigger LS?

I had a medical abortion in April which was an incomplete one and had to get it sorted in May then had oral contraceptive for the month of June and after I came off it then i was diagnosed with LS (in mid July), is there any correlation?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Not sure about an abortion but it is thought in a lot of circles of LS women that trauma to the area can trigger LS, e.g a stressful birth that might need intervention. Sounds like something went very wrong in your circumstances and possibly is linked.

• Posted

mine started (as far as i know) or just got worse? after having a medication abortion. it got so bad and the itching was horrendous. sex is painful and i still have a lot of discomfort externally. i have however managed to make it more comfortable with topical remedies ive made for myself

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.