Steroids don’t seem to be working? How long should I wait before give up on Clob

Posted , 4 users are following.

Recently diagnosed with LS after being extreamly ithcy and red for 7 months. Derm told me to use Clob once a day for two weeks then every other day for two weeks then go to twice a week for the foreseeable.

Am on week 4 of the whole regime and haven’t been any major improvements - if anything my skin looks more red and is kind of stingy after I put steroids on. Sometimes i think its a bit better but then gets very again again by end of day. How long should it be until start to notice any improvements and is it normal for skin to be more red?

None of the moisturisers (natural or from the pharmacy) seem to agree with me either.

Feeling quite stuck and hopeless at this point and my next check up isn’t for 6 months.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You need to moisturise also, I do after every toilet visit with castor oil and this will help with the inflammation. Yes steroid can do that and after 4 weeks it should be settling down. Steroid is for the inflammation and will not do anything for white patches, fusing or shrinkage. Look into more natural methods to work alongside your steroid. I myself stopped using steroid and do only natural products now and I am in a manageable state.

• Posted

Hi there, Thanks for the info - Would you mind sharing which natural products you use and find to be useful to manage your symptoms?

Many thanks!

• Posted

Try Emuaid and make sure you squirt water with a peri bottle after each toilet visit then apply a natural moisturiser such as castor oil after. This should improve the redness and reduce symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.