Diet change helps lichen sclerosis

Posted , 44 users are following.

I’ve suffered with vaginal lichen sclerosis for over 35 years. I’ve tried everything from emu oil , to borax to prp. I’ve changed my diet and it has changed my life dramatically. Not one EXPERT suggested this. I no longer have soak in borax or lay with ice packs. My lesions that went unheard for 6 months healed in 5 weeks and itching is minimal . If you are desperate and I was change your diet: no gluten, no dairy, no no no sugar / carbs. For the first time in 35+ years I’m healed and minimal itching. 

15 likes, 86 replies

86 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That's impressive.  Did you take any vitamins or use any creams or oils to maintain moistness?

• Posted

Susan I am taking vitamins by meta genics: .  Spm active , Phyta multi ultra flora and D. I also used tamanu oil. 

• Posted

Thank you.  It is most fortunate you found something that works for you.  I'll look into those vitamins and TRY to cut out carbs, like pasta.  

Continued good wellness to you.

• Posted

You should read up on glycation. Sugar bonds to protein and somehow changes the shape of the cells therefore making them unrecognizable to our bodies . This may trigger an immune defensive (which it should) and this may play a role in auto immune diseases . My explanation is very simplistic but I think you may get the idea. So I’d give up carbs and see how you do rather than cut down. You can do it for 5 weeks. See if it helps. 
  • Posted

That’s great. So what’s your typical day? Your menu?  There are a lot of no’s that u mention! 
    • Posted

I eat meat, fish, chicken and veggies . 

I have eggs and bacon for breakfast. I have salad and chicken for lunch with homemade balsamic dressing and for dinner some protein and veggies usually fish or a burger and broccoli with butter. I try to do organic and organic meats . It’s been hard and it is challenging but I have dramatic results. Also, I only use unbleaxhed unscented toilet tissue but I’ve be doin that for over a year and still had terrible itching and lesions that wouldn’t heal for months . 

• Posted

No fruit because of sugar? 

No beans or lentils? 

I’m sure eating this way will certainly take off unwanted pounds! 

• Posted

You are correct. No fruut because they are divested as sugars.  I haven’t but may eat a fruit here or there but rarely. I haven’t yet. But I have a cheat planned I’m going to eat sweet potato fries at a place that makes them in coconut oil. As for beans . I do eat beans not many and some are better than others : sorry I can’t remember which are best. But I know chick peas are great so I have organic hummus. Watch out I love love veggies but ate too many and grazed. It’s now better to eat 3 meals a day and not snack . Also, don’t be afraid of fat: eat healthy fat , avocado, use olive oil and I use coconut oil too, oh and butter . Yummy! 
    • Posted

it is indeed i have lost 15 pounds so farat least something+

• Posted

i am a new member who have been diagnosed with LS 2 months ago.My Gyn prescribed Clobetasol ointmen and Coconut Oil no changes so far

i have changed the diet to no carbs/no gluten and no sugar I will see her tomorrow

Do u know about any medication to take away the pain and burning?

thanks

• Posted

Dear Anam,

The doc can prescribe lidocaine ointment. That may help. I tried spring water and baking soda/borax spray which seems to keep the area clean and I have been taking super oxide dismutase, an antioxidant (SOD). Try eliminating something your intuition tells you might be harmful, like sugar or gluten. I had not result with eliminating either one but everybody is different. Best wishes. biscuit

• Edited

Hi, I am not surprised at all....I believe the constant itching that many women complain of could be resolved with diet modification...gòod for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.