More suggestions for moisturisers please

Posted , 19 users are following.

I have used coconut oil, emu oil, hydromol but my LS has decided has decided it no longer likes them. They have started to burn when applied. Any others? Suggestions please, started to dry up!

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I used olive oil with great results before I was diagnosed! I am currently trying castor oil with a few drops of lavender oil and a drop of tea tree oil. I am having great results with this mixture as well. Very good luck to you!
    • Posted

Has anyone tried to find plain glycerin.? They use it in many products, especially suppositories, for woman. I wonder if that would be good as a barrier. I may ask a compounding pharmacist. Maybe it could be mixed with aloe. I am.just thinking as I write, but has anyone pursued this?
  • Posted

Overnight I use castor oil (hexane free) with a few drops of lavender oil, although the castor oil is fine on its own.  I also use papaya ointments, some with honey, some with aloe.  I alternate.
  • Posted

Ladies, our bodies need to keep thier PH level.. overdoing anything not good down there. My OB told me stop stripping the oils and moisture. I stopped compulsively over cleaning and much much better. And change panties through the day. Cotton.
    • Posted

Hi Ellen, so do you spray after each urination, I think that is a problem for me but not sure if the urine does make the sensitivity worse... What is your regime? Appreciate any input...thank you
    • Posted

I find my worst pain is after I cleanse every other day with plain spring water. Too much stripping of natural moisture is a problem for me..That being said, it is very painful when I urinate. Spraying with water is the only way to stop the burning. I need a barrier substance, for sure, as I have a raw spot that never heals.I think about Vaseline, but the organic beeswax sounds good. If there is a way to mix pure aloe with that, maybe that would help. Any suggestions for a good barrier?
  • Posted

I mentioned before that I make organic skin care products, and was trialing a balm for my LS.  I came up with one that works for me.  I use organic jojoba and organic beeswax.
    • Posted

Do you have irritation down there or are you in remission. I am still irritated and having the same problem as Anne is, everything seems to burn...
  • Posted

Hi anne, the best thing I think is to use one oil for a week, then move onto another for a week, then another, you have to rotate them.  I can't use many of the oils too and have had to rotate what I can use.

I olive oil, castor oil, avocado oil, almond oil, jojoba oil and Argan oil (which I use) are all good options..you may have to get them online.,

• Posted

Hi Anne, I am having the same problem. It makes you wonder if you are doing good or causing more harm... I go to the bathroom frequently and wonder if all the spraying is taking away what little moisture I have down there.. Might have to come up with something after wiping to just hydrate with and see what happens. Let me know if you find the magic process...and I will also. Good luck
    • Posted

Hi linda, I do think that people overdo it.  Personally, I only apply oil in the evening before bed, and then its only a tiny bit.  When I use the bathroom I sometimes only use water in the spray bottle.
    • Posted

Yes i have been using bicarb mix with water in a soray bottle and feel i have striped away the mousture and having to reaply .

I have cut diwn completely and feel better .

LS does change its tactic when it becomes accustomed to something 😬 

• Posted

That's great! nowadays I don't always spray after using the bathroom.  What I've discovered is that after using the toilet  I just sit on my bidet and that does the job....a bidet is a wonderful thing.cheesygrin

• Posted

I have been using jojoba oil with a few drops of frankincense in it for the last 3 years.

It has stopped the atrophy and fusing.It is a lifesaver for me.

• Posted

Hi,  how often do you use jojoba oil and frankincense?  Does it take away the itch away too?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.