More suggestions for moisturisers please

Posted , 19 users are following.

I have used coconut oil, emu oil, hydromol but my LS has decided has decided it no longer likes them. They have started to burn when applied. Any others? Suggestions please, started to dry up!

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have used jojoba oil with a few drops of frankincense oil for the past 3 years.

It is so important for me and the only thing that does not irritate me.

• Posted

I use a bioidentical estrogen cream on the skin, not as a moisturizer, but rather to give the skin more resilience. After adding that to my care I found that the tissues weren't nearly as delicate and prone to irritation as they were before and I didn't need to moisturize as much. 

• Posted

The balm I make with jojoba and beeswax helps to moisturize and also creates a barrier due to the addition of the beeswax.  Think more of a "vaseline" consistency, but not quite as thick.  And, jojoba is very similar to our skin's sebum, which helps.  I do not use the bicarbonate because that is very alkaline, and changes our pH wherever it is applied, so with continued use, can cause irritation.

If you make the balm yourself, use the double-boiler method (I put mine in a pyrex measuring cup in a pot with water and heat to simmer).  Be careful not to get water inside the blend.  Try 6 parts oil to 1 part beeswax, and change the recipe to your desired consistency.  Pour into a clean, sanitized jar and allow to cool.  I hope this is helpful!  And, I only use organic ingredients, but that is up to you.

• Edited

I do not know if my suggestion is useful . My Oncology GYN suggested Crisco . It keeps me pretty comfortable. I do try to wear dresses ,commando style . And nightgowns at home.

I sleep with a beach towel under me .and have towels on my recliner and sofa ,so i really can apply a lot when i am uncomfortable.

• Posted

i feel like a baby with nappy rash. as sore front and back ,

been using sudocrem as barrier stiil burns when pee. put on some demerol cream emollient cools it . find it hard to wear undies too as got tear near top that stings bad , i use pads to stop mess on undies but that rubs after a while i can't open to far to see as it starts splitting ..got some argan oil for bath. but not sure what to use oh got some clobetasal cream the clear gel stings but cream ok ... have to dab dare not rub. i also get bleeding haemeroids...its so unfair for all ladies ...

• Posted

these are some that have tried:

sesame oil, olive oil, sea buckthorn oil

someone posted here "LS likes change" and that is true.

i have used this salve for several months and only have had to alternate with coconut oil occasionally . it is available on amazon uk.

Dandelion and Rosemary Salve by Ilex Wood

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.