Lichens & Candida

Posted , 1 user is following.

Just wondering if anyone who has Vulvar Lichens Sclerosus also has Candida Albicans? I contracted Candida Albicans more than 15 years ago after receiving 3 z-pacs of antibiotics back to back, which in turn killed off to much of my good gut bacteria allowing the candida to grow out of control. I could have stopped this from happening had a doctor simply let me know I should have been taking probiotics at the same time as I was taking the antibiotic. Anyway, I was told last month I had bladder cancer which they were able to take out successfully but noticed a few other issues that needed to be addressed during my many Dr. visits, one being VLS. The doctor wanted me to use a steroid ointment to help the VLS but I did research before accepting the new medication and found if your adreanal glands are stressed, which mine are, the ointment could cause numerous other issues, including cancer, so I refused and made my own concoction that has worked beautifully. So, I'm wondering if anyone else with VLS suffers from candida as I have been on a candida eating regime since they discoved the bladder cancer, basically a raw diet. I have also quit drinking alcohol and am feeling much, much better but I have a suspicion VLS and candida are somehow related and am trying to find the link.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.