Co-dydramol constipation

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been taking co-dydramol for a month now cause i had a hip replacement (age 40) my problem is now i am suffering with really bad constipation is it ok to take constipation relief tablets??

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What you need is something called [b:c9be28bddc]Lactulose[/b:c9be28bddc], you can buy it at the chemists smile
  • Posted

I had the same problem. It is a well-known side effect of painkillers.

My doctor told me it was perfectly OK to take laxatives.

I started to take \"senakot\" and I increased my water intake.

I took 2 senakot each night, one in the morning. I also took \"dulcoease\" for 2-3 days to help get things going.

It certainly helped.

• Posted

this tablet is noted for consipation syrup of figs is good prunes any laxative will do also chocolate laxative no matter what you decide will do i have been on these tablets for 16 yrs .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.